Trade talk on NFL Gameday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It eliminates any bidding war for the player, and stops the original team from re-signing him. He doesn't have much of a choice, he plays for your team. Owning the rights to a player is valuable.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Why would any team be interested in trading for a player who doesn't cut it anymore. He's being let down by the scheme for sure but he was owned last night. He was just terrible.

3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

why didn't we just sign mike vick?

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

No point, I'd take Vince over Vick any day. It would not matter if we had Brees with the drops and poor defense.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If next season is an uncapped year then Bo and LenDale are back automatic. But if that doesn't happen I say try and move Bo. He's the only guy with trade value at this point, and we have his replacement waiting. KVB is too on and off to count on. If he leaves then so be it, I wouldn't mind, he seems to have lost a step somewhere. I hope Bulluck is here til he retires, same for Kearse. Jevon Kearse doesn't need an Albert Haynesworth type the way KVB does, so bringing Jevon back next year is a good thing in my mind. Move him to right end and keep Hayes at left end. Vince isn't worth discussing in this thread so no one do it please.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I said this before...TRADE the players that are part of the problem and will NOT be part of the solution.

The ONLY reason NOT to trade them would be if you would get less back than a likely compensatory pick for that player. However, if we can get a player back that we want, it's worth it. But at this point, they need to stockpile draft picks.

Gut

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

If we aren't going to resign Bulluck (which is how it's looking), trade him now.

We have Cook as our future TE- and I think he is promising. Might as well trade Scaife now.

KVB still has it, IMO, and I'd really like to see us make the switch to a 3-4 defense soon. Put Jason Jones and KVB on the ends and draft some young talent at LB and we would be set. We'd have to find a NT though.

We should try to grab either draft picks or solid players that aren't used much by their team (ie Kolb, even a CB who is maybe having a down year but has the talent and has a lot of years ahead of him- no more guys on the verge of retirement).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar