Trade idea!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I could see some teams wanting to jump into TN's spot if some names fall. Spiller etc.. Probably couldn't score a 2nd out of that deal (sans rolling Scaife into the deal) - but we would be hellaloaded with picks for the rest of the draft

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I dont really care, I won't be watching it! Got tickets to the Bulls vs. Cavs! LUXURY BOX!! .. i guess I probably will be watching it then haha.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really really really hate you.

By hate you I mean jealous of you

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My mom got 3 tickets for the Bulls game on Thursday, for free. Her work is a sponsor of the Bulls. So me, my brother, and my Dad get a luxury box tickets that we only have to share with 7 other people. We also get to be courtside until tipoff. Im feeling some autographs :) best b-day present ever!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

NO!

Who's gonna take McCoy that far into rnd 1? They aren't gonna jump that far up for McCoy if they don't have to. Remember, they have a terrible team and are stockpiling those picks for a reason. Dafting down from 24 would mean someone's probably moving up a short distance to grab a specific player before we or the next couple of teams do. But that guy is probably who WE want to. If they trade down, I don't see them doing it again unless there is absolutely no one there they like...but there will be.

Think we have about a 33% chance of trading down, 5% of trading up (if Berry is still there at 10) but most likely stay at 16. Would like to see us get very aggressive...if there is someone they think is clearly better than everyone else, take him at 16. Otherwise, trade down and try to aquire a late 2nd. Take the best player of talent/need (probably DE, OLB, CB, S, OL) with late 1st. Then try to trade some of our players we can do without (White, Scaife) for mid round picks. Use new mid round pick (picks) to move 2nd higher into round. Potentially, I'd trade away our 1st next year for a decently high 2nd in this draft as well. Trade later picks for earlier picks...

Could next a late 1, 2 top 15 2nd rndrs, 2 3rds, ect. 5 picks in the top 100 could help us address DE, LB, CB, S, OG/OC...

Gut

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

i thought of a similar trade with the patriots something like

Titans give up 1st round pick
    Patriots give up 2 2nd rounders and a 4th rounder

Still think your idea is more plausible, although not sure about the mccoy thing.

Here's my picks following yours, assuming we acquire AH.

2nd rounder: Everson Griffen de(I originally wanted Hughes but he has went flying up draft boards)
    2nd rounder: Jermaine Murphy cb
    3rd rounder: Brandon Spikes ilb
    3rd rounder: Mardy Gilyard wr
    4th rounder: Rennie Curran olb
    4th rounder: Lagarrette Blount rb

I like the idea of moving about the draft if we acquire AH, and wouldn't have a problem trading out the first rounder, although if morgan,Haden or Wilson are there we gotta take them

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Xmas in april this would be awsome. Jermaine murphy is a really good player.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The pick I wouldn't mind trading down to is the Eagles 2nd rounder at pick 37. That is a real good spot for value and if we take BPA at that spot we can get a 1st round graded player. The Eagles have two 2nd round picks. Their other 2nd isn't that far from the 2nd rounder we traded away (#55). That trade might work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar