Total Rushing Yards by CJ vs. Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought him and all the players already did, what with the PA music being geared too the season ticket holders and not the 22 year old CBs.

I gurantee you he will be booed every time he runs backwards for 7 yards instead of running N/S like a RB is supposed too.

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

The question should be, "Total yards by the Titans vs. Ravens (NFL)" cause I would bet under 40 with what I saw -_-

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Maybe he'll have more then four first half carries against the Ravens...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Everyone does realize CJ had only 9 carries last game right? I'll go on record that if he only gets 9 carries he probably won't get his 100 yards. If he gets 20 carries he has a much better chance of busting off a few 20+ yard runs and maybe a real long one.

Of course a bunch of you probably think Harper's game was a bunch better.......
    Hell, people are talking about Jones Drew like he had a stud game.....average only 4.0 YPC.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

chewed the clock and set them up with multiple third and shorts

as compared with CJ2Late and his dancing with the hash marks display

Plus I don't recall Drew running backwards for 7 yards like CJ did. What a garbage display Mumbles was.

6. Ohio2Tenn

Ohio2Tenn Camp Fodder

Don't have high hopes but gonna go with 100 + just for the hell of it.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Again, CJ wasn't even marginally effective with the few carries he was given. If he had done something, ANYTHING I'm sure he would have finished the game with more than 9 measly carries. But unlike Fisher, Munch seems to know when it's a good idea to quit slamming head-first into a brick wall.

Well sure, the more opportunities you get the more opportunities for a big play. But it should be noted that he only had 3 games last year where he had two 20+ yard runs:

WK5 Dallas w/ runs of 29 & 42
    WK11 Washington w/ runs of 20 & 29
    WK14 Indianapolis w/ runs of 20 & 37

Not nearly as impressive as the CJ2K hype machine would lead you to believe. It's not 2009 people. CJ is not, I repeat NOT, the same guy anymore. Something happened after that 2K season because he hasn't looked quite the same ever since. I don't know if it's complacency, exhaustion, injury, or a combination of all three. But as of right now he's a very good back who can be great/tops in the league if used properly AND is motivated.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say "a bunch better" but there's absolutely no denying Harper was more effective with the touches he was given. And what does that say? Seriously. A 4th round rookie in his very first NFL game looked better than our "best player". :?:

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Something did happen. Our center retired, our worst offensive lineman got moved out of his natural position to play center, and our backup center moved out of his natural position to play guard.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I bet on 41-70 yards. I had to i also bet a lot on us at least covering the spread and if he can't get around 70 yards we won't.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have to run it! Even if we are only getting 3 yards a carry we have to run it. We have to show them the run to make the play action credible. Our backs have to get 20 carries or we have no chance at all.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar