Too many wasted plays..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

His mouth is why I believe so many people are ready to thrash him. He brought it upon himself by using his mouth. He needed to keep it shut and pretend he knew what being professional was. He failed doing that so he deserves any heat he gets.'

However that wont make me blind to what the biggest problem is.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I will "answer it"...our offensive line is bad in run blocking. I do not thing ANYONE on this board disputes that.

However, I will add that Ringer did get some key first downs catching the ball, both at the end of the first half and while Locker was in the game late. They may not have specifically been "screens", but they were passes into the flat that CJ, when given some similar opportunities today, really did not impress me too much.

I have said all along that my criticism of CJ stems more from what he does after catching the ball, since I will not argue about the OL being a large part of the problem in the running game. He really regressed in that facet of his game today IMO.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

I read your long post too, quoting this one cause it's easier.

At the end of the day, I'm on the same page as you. I'm not sure he would be top 10 again, but he would be serviceable again. The problem is, would he still be worth $10 mil per year? Fixing the o-line should be our top priority, seems like Munchak and Matthews have no clue how to do that. Maybe the players fell off, maybe it was Heimerdinger's scheme that made them successful, though I don't think we strayed too far from it.

I'm not saying he's the major issue with the team's running game. I'm just saying he's not able to show he's worth the money we paid for him and I don't think he'll be great ever again.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least you acknowledge that his mouth got him in trouble.

If he shut up, gave in to a normal contract and didn't hold out for billions. There wouldn't be so much hate.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

*High five. (I'm out)

6. Alzarius

imo... cj2k wasnt worth that contract. I would have NEVER given him that. Hes a RB, not a QB.

7. Alzarius

Without a doubt, I think CJ is an idiot. Ive always told my fiance that he should have someone walking around at all times to answer any questions directed at him, answered for him.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

D@mn, D@mn, D@mn, now I have to hear it all year from my Falcon friends...

CJ sucks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar