Too early? Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Getting Barron in the 2nd would be a dream come true. It makes too much sense to happen.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Has Ray Ray Armstrong even played this season? He's been suspended twice.

3. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szc_lifemDE"]Peter Konz vs TCU ( 2011 Rose Bowl) - YouTube[/ame]

4. Fry

I thought I would be a bigger Mike Brewster fan considering the way OSU has been able to run the ball this year, but he does a lot of nothing in the two videos I've watched.

He gets overextended at times/reaches and spends a lot of time blocking no one.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EZVUbr5tvY&feature=related"]Mike Brewster No. 50 Center vs Wisconsin 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

5. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

Here is my Mock Draft

Round 1 Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn State
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.

Round 2 Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 285.

Round 3 Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 239.

Round 4 Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

Round 5 Best Guard Available

Round 6 Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 270.

Round 7 Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 265.

This is a very different approach to the draft I believe that most of you fail to realize what is really hurting this team. Which is the pass rush.

I don't have a reciever or Burfict in the first round because its more than likely they will both be gone.

Devon Still will be LIKE BIG AL and clog up the middle

Crick was putting together a impressive season before his injury which will make him fall out of the first round

Chase Thomas will be a big improvement over witherspoon and as you guys could see Colin McCarthy will be fine in the middle so we dont need a ILB we NEED OLB help

Marvin McNutt I would like you guys to watch some videos on this kid from IOWA i believe he will be a steal in the later rounds very quick clean route runner with good hands coming from a poor passing offense

We will eventually need to grad an o-lineman to replace Scott so in the fifth we take the best available

Michael Williams from Alabama is a big strong TE helping Alabama run all over other teams we will need to draft a TE Cook can only be put in certain situations making us predictable Willams can catch and block which is what we need

Malik Jackson from Tennessee is under the radar I believe he has 6.5 tackles for loss and a few sacks worth our last pick of the draft to help bolster our pass rush

So with my apporach we get 3 d-lineman that can play all the down positions that have size and speed to rush and stop the run

Support at OLB

Help in the running and passing game with a Big TE and Reciever

Your Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Thumbs up to Jared Crick in the second.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's def different then all the other drafts. I really like it, other than the 1st pick. Back to back DTs? When we already have Shaun Smith (who does his job well in clogging the hole) and Casey whos shown he has talent. Not to mention Klug and JJ can line up inside. And Marks and Clayton also for depth. Obviously, another DT would be nice... but our two best picks on a DT? Doesn't make a ton of sense. Also think we need a SS bad.

LOVE the Jared Crick pick. He was a monster, then got hurt... and now is falling off draft boards. I still see him going late 1st though, he would of been a top-10 pick if he didn't get hurt.

If this draft happened, we'd need a starting OG or OC and SS via free agency.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's my most updated tweaked mock (11/20/11):

Round 1: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin, 6'4 315
    Konz is my #1 C in the '12 draft. The C is the leader of the OL, and we need to replace Amano. Interior OL is the biggest weakness for the Titans. Amano sucks, Harris is bad as well, and Scott has been average and is a FA after this year. If Konz is drafted, and Scott leaves Amano could play RG. If Scott is resigned, Amano and Harris can battle for LG. Remember, when Mawae was here Amano was a solid LG. Konz can be like Pouncey was for the Steelers.

Round 2: Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska, 6'6 285
    Would be a HUGE steal in the draft. Crick was likely a Top-10 pick, then got injured and missed the season. Senior at Nebraska (who always has a solid DL). Has 9+ sacks both his So and Jr year, then got hurt his Sr year. If you haven't seen this guy play, Youtube him. Lines up at DE and DT at Nebraska, and would be perfect for us. Can play in multiple spots for our so called "hybrid scheme".

Round 3: Robert Lester, S, Albama, 6'2 210 or Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami, 6'4 216
    I only say or because I think Ray Ray will be gone. Obviously, I'd rather have Barron, but he'll be gone. Last year safties fell, but there wasn't any great safety talent. Lester or Armstrong could be our starting SS, and that's much needed. Not to mention, Griff is a FA also.

Round 4: Jermaine Kearse, WR, Washington, 6'2 208
    Lockers go-to target. Put up 1005 yards and 12 TDs last year, then struggled this year. Locker & Kearse seemed to have great chemistry last year. We have Britt and Nate and Dwill stepped up also. Kearse could be a solid #4, and fight for some playing time. Not to mention, our future QB would have his favorite target. (also 'Kearse' looks good in a Titans jersey).

Round 4 (comp): Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas, 6'3 240
    We'll likely get a comp pick for Babin and Tulloch leaving, im guessing a 4th. We have Ayers and WW as starters, but little depth. McRath hasn't shown anything since he got off the roids. Robinson could back up all 3 positions if needed, LB depth is always helpful.

Round 5: Rishaw Johnson, OG, Cali (PA), 6'4 308
    Ole Miss starting OG, got kicked off their team for "violating team rules". So he went to Cali (PA), which is where Tommie Campbell went. At round 5, it's a low risk pick, but this guy was a starter on an SEC football team. Not to be an SEC nut (because im not), but that's always an accomplishment. Big body, and if he puts in hardwork could turn some heads.

Round 6: Jason Ford, RB, Illinois, 5'10 235
    I'm an illini fan/student, and go to every Illinois game. Ford has been disappointing this year. But, that's only because my hopes were so high for him. Illini has a habit of having one-year wonder RBs (see Mendenhall and LeShoure, both backups then started their Jr years and dominated). Ford may not be the superstar i anticpated, but he's a power back. He is always running people over and is a very physical runner. There is one thing that Ford knows already compared to Harper... run North/South not East/West.

Round 7: Jerrell Young, S, South Florida, 6'1 208
    As I said before, Griff is a FA (so is Babs and Hope). Depth is needed.

9. Fry

I don't get the sudden Jermaine Kearse love. The guy can't catch.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think he meant for crick to be a DE and for the first pick at dt so we would be just going d line

at least thats how i took it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar