Too early? Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Too early?
    I assume Titans will be picking around 23rd and we will receive a 4th round comp pick for Babin and Tulloch.
    I’m also going to assume we sign everyone apart from- Ruud, Hope, Scott, Hayes, Amato, and Hawkins.

1 Vontze Burfict LB ASU- 6’3 250lbs
    Adds some steal to the linebacking core
    I have watched the last four ASU games, and although he hasn’t been on top form especially with the two stupid penalties in a row on Saturday, he is still the strongest and most instinctive LB in the draft. ASU plays him at ‘mike’ but I reckon we could put him at ‘Will’ and he’d do great. Ayers-McCarthy-Burfict looks very good to me.
    I do expect his value to fall on draft day. If he is gone, then I’d probably take Kuechy.

2 Mark Barron SS Bama – 6’2 215lbs
    Hopefully the safeties will last till the second round so we can grab a good one. I would say Barron is slightly ahead of Ray-Ray Armstrong; however I’ve seen a few mocks were Barron does go till the 3rd round, due to stiff hips and questions over his athletic ability. I see a strong tackler with very good football IQ but his placement of draft day will have a lot to do with combine performance. If gone I’d take Ray-Ray Armstrong.

3 Ben Jones C Georgia- 6’3 316lbs
    I like Brewster and Konz alot but they will be gone in the second I think. Jones is still a starting caliber Center for us. Jones is thick and very smart. This is going to be the first of two O-line additions.
    Immediate starter.

4 Kawaan Short DT Purdue- 6’3 310lbs
    A big guy to add to our improving D’Line. Powerful guy who loves making tackles in the backfield. Has the ability to play DE in a 3-4 if the opportunity ever rose. Would a fine pick up in the 4th round.

4 Logan Harrell DE/DT Fresno State 6’2 276
    Think Karl Klug, would be great to have two of them. Like Karl I could see him getting reps at DE, perhaps he might bulk up a bit a get some serious playing time in the DT rotation as well. He reminds of Jared Allen in his younger days. Love this pick.

5 Kevious Watkins OG South Carolina- 6’3 340lbs
    A huge man, who will compete with for that starting LG spot, we need a big body up there. Aggressive.

6 Greg Childs WR Arkansas- 6’3 217lbs
    Big time gamble. Has great hands and is more of a possession receiver but does have injury concerns hence the draft position. I would like to see us go out and grab a big time receiver in free agency. Bowe would be my number one choice.

7. David Paulson TE Oregon- 6’4 244lbs
    Smart TE with above average hands. Nice little pick up for us at the end of the draft, as I think we need another receiving threat for the TE spot.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i like it.... glad you're one of those people that realize we need more defensive help rather than just grabbing a WR on the spot...

kinda wish we can get Bruce Irving though..... we kinda need a DE, but safetys and LBs are our biggest needs...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

First off, we'll probably get more than just a 4th for Tulloch and Babin. Both are playmakers on their new teams and could both be probowlers this year. My guess is we'll get atleast a 4th and 5th, possibly two 4ths. Look at last year, we lost Alge Crumpler and Kyle Vanden Bosch, and received a 4th and 7th.

I agree that Ruud won't be back. He's struggled this year, and McCarthy could replace him next year. Sadly, I don't think Burfict will be available at our selection.

Also, you don't think that we'll resign Scott?

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Don't compensation picks start in the fourth round?? I may be wrong..might be a round earlier.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pick 23? You high? We'll have pick 32.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

who are the free agents for next year?

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I love these things in the spring, but they drive me up the wall before the season is over. I've seen both Burfict and Barron projected between the top few picks and the 4th round.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It's never to early for a mock draft... glances at sig.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Comp pix start n the 3rd

10. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

They start in the 3rd, but the player you lose has to sign a high, multiyear contract, and/or hit performance incentives that increase his perceived lost value. We received a 3rd RD'er for losing Hayneworth, the Panthers received a 3rd RD'er for losing Julius Peppers, etc., so that shows the level of player that warrants such a high pick. For this year, Nnamdi Asomugha may be the only one who is 3rd RD worthy. Then guys like Sidney Rice, Jason Babin, Matt Hasselbeck, Paul Posluzny, Jonathan Joseph, etc. will be 4th RD picks. Though, I'm worried that Hass will cancel out Babin, and Ruud will cancel out Tulloch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar