Tommy Smith torn on Munchak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Forget the overall record. It is what it is.

The division record of 4-12 while playing in the worst division in football is unforgivable. Losing to the team that has the worst record in the league three years in a row is unforgivable. Being the leader of a team for three years without establishing an identity is unforgivable.

Every team goes in to a season with a list of goals. Just about every team I've been on has had "establish an identity, win the division, win the championship" as goals. We're 0-3 all three seasons.

What could possibly be the argument for keeping Munchak?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. While Munch wasn't the one out there fumbling kickoffs and taking safeties without even being touched by a defender, the buck ultimately stops with him. He chose the ST coach. He waited several weeks too long to make a move away from Reytaurd.

And as for the offense, he is the one who hand-picked Dowell LOWgains. He shaped the final roster. He left Britt out there about 8 weeks too long.

I just don't get it, it seemed like before the season started we were all in agreement that this was it and Munch had no more excuses. Put up or shut up. Yet here some fans are, making excuses for him once again. IMO the one and only thing that went wrong this season that wasn't in some way Munch's fault and/or responsibility was Locker's inability to stay healthy. But even then, let's not act like Jake freaking Locker is some savior or something. He's still as inconsistent as they come. If we had him for all 16 games this year I still highly doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Blow. It. Up.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That would be the dumbest possible way to handle it. This being the Titans, you're probably right.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's just so gosh darn nice. And he's been with the organization for so long that gee golly it'd just be a shame if he weren't able to stick around for another 30 years.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree. I wasn't sold on Locker even after the good start. This team was making predictable play calls, no downfield attempts, and boring to watch. Locker was STILL missing people wide open, even though I do think he looked much better this year with regards to his decision making. Jake as a backup, sure....As a starter, no thank you. Munchak has proven in every way possible that he cannot motivate or coach this team. Head scratching decisions...I mean the Wylie decision had me cracking up....A practice squad guy in the middle of a playoff hunt.....lol

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Mariani was going to be the return man before getting injured. The special teams errors were on Reynaud imo.

Loggains, yea that was his call. I'm not terribly dissatisfied with locations. He kept us in a lot of the games and he seems to be improving. Not bad for a 1st year guy.

I guess I'm in the minority though in wanting Munch here for another year. I want to see what another year together and another draft/off-season can do for this team.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Don't be a glutton for punishment brother...The last 3 years should have been painful enough. I agree that the team is at least in most of the games, etc...but you can't place blame on just Reynaud. The lowry move,fumbles, poor blocking, and bad decisions are ALL MUNCH. The fact that Devon Wylie is playing off of the practice squad when the team is already having problems and you are fighting for playoffs is unacceptable IMO. Special teams is not his only issue. The team has ZERO identity. Britt playing for 8 weeks, OL, the losses to winless teams, the back to back home game losses and no motivation on this team is worrysome. No offseason/draft is going to fix these issues in a year.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hope is what makes everyone push on. Without hope, you have nothing but results. Its the perfect emotion to tug on. Now once he does it for several years, then people can start looking at him and calling BS. However he gets an automatic pass because none of us know anything about him.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hindsight is 20/20.

The Jags loss was terrible but not completely on the coaching. They didn't cause all the turnovers which cost us the game.

If you break down each game, there's few games where I'd hold Munch ultimately responsible. He didn't have a great season, but he wasn't a terrible coach either. Unlike Fisher, he's still new at the role and could improve if given time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar