Tom Savage the next Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tom Savage is not a name you're probably too familiar with, but neither was Tom Brady in 1999. Savage only played one year at Pittsburgh after transferring from Rutgers to Arizona then finally to Pitt. He's skinny and slow and didn't take his team to a big time Bowl game, but when you watch him on tape he screams Tom Brady 2.0. Even listening to him he's got that same attitude that Brady has. He knows its the world vs him, and he's ready to take it on.

What Savage does have going for him is his 6'4" frame and great balance. He throws a catchable ball with plenty of velocity. He was a team captain, and is a hard worker.

Most experts don't expect Savage to go before the 6th round (same round Brady was drafted in 2000). But I think if we're not going QB early, this is the sleeper to go after towards the end of the draft. Think Rusty Smith but with talent. This guys upside is huge.

His Notre Dame game is a good measuring stick vs a quality opponent.

Thoughts?

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't think you'll ever find the next Tom Brady if you actively look for him like this. Guys like him are once in a generation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He reminds me more of another Tom.....Tommy Maddox

4. JCBRAVE

Realistically yea we probably wont see another story like Brady's for some time if ever. But watching film of both those Tom's makes me draw the comparison.

Same build, same running technique (or lack of LOL) and even stats are almost identical. You put both these guys in the same jersey with the same number and I bet you'd have trouble picking the Super Bowl Champion from the kid that bounced all around the country trying to find himself.

Brady wasn't expected to be drafted, and neither is this guy Tom Savage.

But when you roll the film, I do see a draftable QB in Tom Savage, and actually a pretty solid one I wouldn't mind my team taking a chance on.

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Savage played 2 years ar Rutgers it says. First year on a top 25 team that made a bowl game then with Pitt he also went to a bowl. Brady never got his team to any bowl game at all which I'm sure hurt his draft stock some.

6. JCBRAVE

Umm Tom Brady won his team the Orange Bowl. So what are you saying here...

Also the bowl Pitt qualified for is one of those pity bowls sponsors make up, no one watches the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl LOL

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Tom Savage is from the DELCO area, not far from where I live ironically. He has a big arm, but accuracy issues and lack of big time competition. That being said, he looks pretty solid from what I have seen of him. He is a 6th or 7th round gamble to me, but hell, aren't they all at that point? I say why not?!

8. JCBRAVE

Thats why he will be a late pick, he played vs few elite teams, and never stayed in one place too long, people question his commitment. However as a passer, he passes the eye test.

Unathletic guys like this always get lost in the shuffle this time of year since its hard to evaluate character and other non measurable traits. Teams are in a funk obsessing over silly stuff like 40's and verticals. They have their place, but when do QB's need to leap 36-inches... never.

9. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

Just from watching that video, I can see within the first minute that he stairs down his 1st option way too long. When he actually did go to his 2nd or 3rd option after 1 minute, a lot were incomplete.

10. JCBRAVE

You watch 1 minute of a player and know how he plays? Please watch at least 2 minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar