Today im very Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I think I remember Ayers whiffing quite a lot, especially early in the season. Give him a pass because he's a rookie though.

2. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I doubt any teams would trade for him until draft day. I think we want to find out if kirkpatrick falls to us or not. If he does I bet we draft him unless Barron is also there in which case we would take him. Then possibly picking up Asante. I was totally against a corner in round 1 but with the D Line class so deep you get much better value out of taking one later unless someone truly special is there. Our team has some holes to fill but we are in a position to go BPA in my mind.

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

yep a federal pound me in the @$$ prison.

i'll take Samuel please

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

trade for samuel and move campbell to safety. he's big and fast.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Quite frankly, his tackling doesn't bother me much. I'd rather have a corner who stops the WR from catching the ball in the first damn place (Samuel) than one who lets them catch it and then makes a tackle (finny).

I think this would actually be an UPGRADE from last year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I couldn't agree more. That's the kind of CB I've be wanting since Pacman f***ed us. Pac also was a weak tackler but he had great instincts on the ball. Samuel is really good there too. Our secondary racks up way too many tackles for my liking. Our safeties and CBs have no business leading the team in tackles.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont worry, McCarthy has that on his to-do list. He'll lead the team in tackles since hes all over the field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

For a 6th round pick if no one is available I would bite the bullet on Samuel for a restructured contract

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would rather draft a guy to compete for the NB spot and give the 10mil it will cost to get Asante to McCourty or Verner in the form of an extension.

We have our 2 starters. We need to find a NB and some depth on the outside.

Luckily this draft is deep at CB so we shouldn't feel pressured to take one in the 1st if the top guys are gone.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Thank you, kind sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar