Titans Would Not Allow Cowboys to Talk to Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With Bill Parcell's retirement from the Cowboys, Titans coach Jeff Fisher has been mentioned as a candidate Dallas owner Jerry Jones may wish to consider. But according to Titans CEO Steve Underwood, permission will not be granted to talk to Fisher"We haven't been contacted by Dallas," Underwood said. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with coach Fisher." Titans owner Bud Adams is working on a long-term deal with Fisher who is now the NFL's longest- tenured coach with one team after the resignation of Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Good... We need him to stay with us. I'd hate to see him coaching the cowboys anyway.

3. i was thinking the same thing, i like fisher and he needs to stay

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think that is stupid. If he wants to go to Dallas let 'em. If he doesn't he'll stay here. You can't lock someone up and hope they will like it here. The more you deny someone something, the more they want it. Let him decide what he wants. It is his life. A contract is meaningless if someone doesn't want to be here, and nobody has the right to stop someone from seeking what they believe is happiness, let 'em go to hell, and then we can let 'em come back when he is sick of it there.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

could be that we are in the process of giving him an extension and bud doesnt want jerry jones bumping up the price.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm trying to remember a coach that has left an organization and then return into the same position

has that ever happened ?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

art shell?

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:yes:

the flip side is that Bud is actually trying to drive up the value of the reimbursement needed to pry Jeff away

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that worked out well huh :grrhee:

Shell the only example ?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Terell Owens could be player coach. Now I would watch that. It's pure entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar