1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Titans Work Out DE Aaron Maybin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans12321, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

haha, if Maybin was gonna do anything it was gonna be with the Jets. If Rex can't find a way to use him, he's garbage.
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Starter

I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm talking aboiut with Brown or Maybin, I don't watch college football and I have no idea why the Bills and Jets cut Maybin, but didn't James Harrison get cut a few times before landing with the Steelers?
    With our lack of depth and playmakers at DE, neither one looks like a risky move.
  3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Of course we are...
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Both Morgan and Jones practiced today without any problems.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

That makes me think they won't sign any of these guys now... Unless Hayes injury is serious.. Which I doubt..
  6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think Harrison was cut by the Steelers and on the PS squad for two years. He may have just been cut and not made the PS...not sure.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

James Harrison was not even drafted and when you are not even drafted teams don't give you much of a chance. He is a guy who on paper didn't seem to fit as a De or OLB and he is short. A very unusual case.

You can overlook a guy like that but a high pick speed rusher who can't get a sack to save his life is not worth several chances.

The Jags cut Derrick Harvey another 1st rd bust but he has at least been good for 2.5 sacks a season and he is 270 lbs. Harvey is a pure 4-3 DE with decent athletic ability. He would have been a good stop gap type guy but we didn't go after him when he was cut and the Broncos got him.
  8. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Titans don't need to keep bringing in players, they need to figure out who goes where and why.
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

we need our core DL to be healthy, that's the key, our Depth isn't ready to contribute at a high level yet.
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

No point in signing a DE now that Jones and Morgan will both play Sunday. We still have Ball and Sheppard as rotational guys at DE if Hayes can't go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.