Titans Want to Take Care of Unfinished Business in '09

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Will be hard to top 13-3. only way is to make the playoffs and win them.

Next year is going to be harder also. Tom Brady will be back, Ravens are improving on offense, Steelers host us on Opening Night, Texans may pick up where they left off. Colts should improve. Going to be a tough year. we need to play smart football.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Ravens have taken HUUUUUGE hits on their defense (loss of Rex Ryan, and of so many players) so we'll see how good they'll be. The Colts are on the decline and with a coaching change, this may be the year they fall. Tom Brady is not just going to rise after a lost season and dominate, yes, he'll be good, but he won't put up the same numbers, IMO. Jesse, please don't give Houston any credit.

oh and as for the Steelers, we have that game locked down.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

:blah2:

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We will see. still will be hard to top 13-3 no matter who we play.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ravens are going to suck... no doubt about it. Their d-line will have to step it up if they want to be good again... at CB they are extremely weak. They'll be a mediocre pass defense with a decent run stop. Whoever said their offense is improving probably has the wrong idea about Flacco... He won't improve. His performance will digress until they can load up their defense again. Look how horrible Flacco did while trailing last season... horrendous. The Ravens will be trailing plenty in about 10-13 of their games. I don't expect them to top 7 wins.

I just hope this isn't going the same situation as when we entered the 2001 season... we finished 13-3 picked to win it all (almost exactly the same as this season... same record, same expectations, same stupid team that no one on this earth should give two ****s about), entered the 2001 season as clear favorites in our division and possible Super Bowl contenders... what happens? 7-9 happens. What a terrible season... seeing McNair finally develop then was nice though.

6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Unfortunately us Titans fans have are good at this whole "wait till next year" routine. We've had chips on our shoulder in years past too and for some reason we can't get over the hump.

I don't know what the answer is. A bigger chip, spend more on free agents, draft better, plain good luck but I hope something works out eventually.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I hope VY gets his job back. I really dislike Kerry. He is a Drunk, Racist loser who plays well then chokes in the big games. Id have more fun watching Vince. Bash me if u want but i want to see vince with CJ Gage and Hawk or holt. Than that drunk.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wow, that's a pretty stupid slam on a guy who led the Titans to one of their best seasons ever.

He was a drunk. He made a stupid racist comment to Mushin Muhammad while he was plastered one night. Kerry isn't perfect, but he's waaaaaaaaay better than VY. Kerry has matured. Vince hasn't.

You didn't even mention Nate Washington?! As of right now, he's our best weapon at receiver!

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yep say he's better than VY if u want. But all in all. His season eneded the same way VY's did the previous yr. A playoff loss.

10. I think it was a mistake letting J Mac and Rey Hill go. I don't know how we will ever replace that talent. It amazes me these guys weren't signed within the first few hours of free agancy. Maybe we can invite Mike Williams back to camp this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar