Titans to Pick Third in 2006 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans will have their highest pick in the draft since 1995 when they choose third in the 2006 NFL Draft. Heisman Trophy winner and USC RB Reggie Bush is expected to be taken first by the Texans followed by USC QB Matt Leinhart by the Saints. Drafting third, the Titans will have their highest pick since they took QB Steve McNair third overall out of Alcorn State in 1995. Among those players who may be considered is Virginia T D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk and Boston College DE Mathias Kiwanuka. Texas QB Vince Young may also be a candidate if he decides to to forgo his final year of eligibility.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Would anyone spend a 3rd overall pick on a Tackle, D'Brickashaw Ferguson? For some reason, it just doesn't sit well with me.
    ________
    Spree

3. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

If one of the three taken last year cannot play LT and the others are not ready to play, I say take a tackle.

4. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

If he comes out, I say take Vince Young. He probably needs a year or two under McNair, but I think he will be the real deal.

5. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Yeh Vince Young. McNair can groom this kid good.

6. Get a McNair type of QB, sign KVB back and steal Mason away from Baltimore!!!

7. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Young is the closest thing to McNair

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not a lot of people want us to take Young, it seems to me, seeming to prefer Leinhart and Cutler, but Young's relationship with McNair makes Tennessee as attractive a destination for him as it does for Leinhart because of his relationship with Chow. I wouldn't hate getting Vince Young.

9. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Young easily has the most potential out of the three, but the word potential is a scary word. Huge Longhorns fan so it would definitely make my day, but I also love Vandy and would kill to see what Cutler could do under the right system.

10. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I don't trust Vince Young as a pro quarterback, nor Leinert. I would go with Ferguson, Hawk, a trade for Rivers, or Trade down and get Cutler perhaps. A lot depends on McNairs future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar