Titans surprise team of 2012??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I think Carolina can be scary good within that division. Atlanta is their lone competition in my opinion. The Bucs are not very good and the Saints have gone through too much turmoil this year.

Carolina will be good.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That is one of few divisions where you could realistically see any of the four teams winning it.

AFCE- NE will win.
    AFCN- Pitt, Balt, and Cin will compete. Cle has no chance.
    AFCW- All four teams can compete
    AFCS- Titans and Texans will compete. Jags and Colts have no hope.

NFCE- All four teams have a shot
    NFCW- SF heavy favorite
    NFCN- Vikes have no shot. The other three teams do.
    NFCS- All four could compete.

In the NFCS, the Bucs will be better I think. The Saints wont be as bad as everyone thinks. I like the Falcons to win it though.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

True

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't see the Panthers winning the division. Newton had a great rookie campaign, but the overall team sucked. I don't see them over taking the Falcons this year.

As for the Titans, I have us winning 10 games and could see it as high as 11. I also have the Texans winning 10 games, so it will be very close but I think we could pull it off.

There is no way the Redskins compete in that division IMO. All they did was pick up RG3, and they gave up WAY to much to get him. I really don't think RG3 will have much of a chance bc he just won't have any real weapons around him. Plus he will be competing against the SB champion Giants, the Eagles who ended last year pretty good, and the Cowboys are a decent team.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Obviously, they are the longest shot. But, they had a good D last year, and were competative most of the year, even with attrocious QB play. If Griffin plays decently, they could compete. Especially since God only knows what Philly and Dallas will do, and the Giants DID win the division at 9-7 last year...

Basically, first to fourth was only a four game swing last year. I think Griffin could conceviably make up a four game difference over last year's horrorshow at QB. Not likely, but possible.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Carolina needs a QB before they're ready to compete.

:D

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Carolina can ABSOLUTELY win that division, don't sleep on that team. Even if New Orleans had Sean Payton, Carolina could still surprise people.

Break down their team.

QB - Newton (hate to admit, but dude is good) I do however believe he'll have a harder time now that there's NFL film on him, but still, he'll make you hate him if youre on the other team.

RB - Williams, Stewart, Tolbert (probably best backfield in football)

WR - Smith, LaFell, Gettis (not too impressive)

TE - Olsen (he is very average at this point in his career, not a major threat)

D-Line - a lot of no names

LB - Kuechly, Beason, Davis, Anderson (this is the strength of their D) great group

CB - Gamble, Munnerlyn, Norman, Butler (not that bad actually)

S - Martin, Godfrey (average)

I mean they do have some good players, more than most people realize. Last year they were 6-10 with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and a lot of injuries. Again, don't sleep on this team.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

They will still struggle with New Orleans and Atlanta.

Cam Newton will take a step back in my opinion. Watch the tape of our game against him last season. He is vulnerable and his game has some serious weaknesses. Teams are going to start getting after him. The kid can't keep running... the injuries will come. If Newton misses a few games Carolina is screwed. Jimmy under center? Ouch

Carolina needs to start relying on their running game more. They might have the best backfield in football.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Love the video. Glad we're getting some love on Total Axxess.

I think the Panthers are a year away from winning the division. Even with Cam their passing attack still needs some WRs before they're a legitimate explosive offense.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you have stock in Cam Newton... sell it.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar