Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Except this is not reality.. Your spin entirely.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

In a system like the one set up for Vick, our offense would be unstoppable. Unlike Vick, Young developed into a full fledged pocket passer. And unlike Rodgers, Young can take it to the house when he breaks loose.

Not saying he outperformed either this year, just making a case for why it would be a bad move to still let the guy go.

On top of that, I wouldn't want to have any other QB in the clutch

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Chamgel, you make some good points. I'm interested in your opinion. I also think we have a talented team and think we're a QB away from a title.

Appreciate your feedback even though we disagree in some areas.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[​IMG]

CJtheBeast, such a martyr.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

It could happen, but quite honestly, I don't think the roster is ready top to bottom right now to compete for a Super Bowl regardless of who we have under center. I think we are playoff contenders though, and once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. To make a serious run though, I think we need more veteran leadership....that is what we missed the most after KVB, Bullock and Mawae left.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think our offense is there (if Young was around) but our defense is what needs work. I think it was moreso an issue of scheming last year than a lack of talent.

I think if we can get a SS who can play right away we're right back in the mix. Curran should be coming along and adjusting and Verner filled our CB whole. OUr deline, when healthy, is solid.

8. CURRAN-12

CURRAN-12 The New Titan

Regardless of all of our theories, the writing is on the wall. VY is finished in Tennessee , Munchak confirmed that in his press conference if you watched it..

Munchak said he will go after what is available QB wise

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I think we need a DT, move Jones to DE. That is why I am hoping we can sign someone like Barry Coefield, or draft Marcell Dareus...I agree we need a SS, but I also think just having a pass rush in the middle would help the secondary. We consistently allowed apposing QBs to step up in the pocket and complete passes in the second half of the season. I think a lot of that was due to Jones being an undersized DT and him wearing down as the season went on.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Yes he is and Munchak confirmed it in the press conference :D

time to start clean with a new QB, new OC, new DC, etc,etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar