Titans still plan to trade or release Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

today im very headache because i thinking alot about the story

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Good, they both needed to be gone. This organization needed a fresh start.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. 24

24 Starter

No QB, no coaching staff, no hope. Andrew Luck '12.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Yes, Vince should be gone too.

Recall a few weeks ago a poll was posted here........most of you wanted to see the team blown up.

You got your wish.......

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Have him make some formal apologies and make amends. then release him and bring him back with a smaller contract.

Too talented and too Young to just give up on.

If the new head coach hire wants him then he should be back.

• High Five High Five x 7
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Unless we can get Palmer, I choose Vince Young. Best thing about all this, Kerry Collins is likely toast.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is the RIGHT thing to do. Vince isn't going to change and Fisher has run his course. Next year would have been just awful watching the same old "Fisher" thing.

At least we can start the re-build and be interested in how we improve.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The funny thing is half of the people here that scream "I HOPE VINCE DOESN'T COME BACK NOW!" don't actually mean it and just want brownie points.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I'm exponentially more excited for next season at this rate. A new coach a new QB... even if we suck at least it will be different people.

And if they stuck, we don't have to stay committed to them for yearsssss.

10. Srenbrenkov

Srenbrenkov Camp Fodder

Why would Vince agree to that? They can't just make him take a smaller contract, their only choice would be to release him. Once he is released, he can go anywhere he wants that will take him. I know some people on this forum live in a fantasy world where this isn't the case, but in the real world, "dysfunctional" or not, VY will find a team next year.

Unless the Titans offer substantially more than any other team, why would he choose to stay here after being released?

As for a formal apology, he probably should make a formal apology, after all he didn't handle things perfectly. He should make that apology the day after Fisher apologizes for being a complete and total jerk to Young since the first day he got here, and for being a complete jerk to many other players as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar