Titans staff watching Kaepernick, Locker, very closely

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If you watched the Senior Bowl practice today, Locker threw a ball that is exactly his problem. He tried to gun it into a tight window in zone coverage and ended up hitting the S in the chest having missed the WR.

You wanna give him a pass for being amped up...so I assume you give passes to all young QB's in the playoffs or SB who throw high and wide (usually picked off) due to being amped up? Let's see how he does the rest of the week. He has some darn good WR's to throw to and the best OL he's ever even heard about. If he looks like Peyton Manning this week and in the game, fine. If he doesn't and looks inconsistent like he's been all season, you can't pin it on his OL or WR's, right?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Colin Kaepernick for rd 2?

Just not a tough enough scedule to evaluate him. His performance against Boise and the bowl game against Boston College were average performances.

I have no problem with another Vince Young talent if his head is on right.

Since they are talking about this guy and Locker can we then assume they want Newton?

3. ItsGonnaHurt

ItsGonnaHurt Practice Squad

Absolutely. If he stinks up the field, he stinks up the field. I'm not a Jake Locker salesman. I just think he has the most to offer as a QB this draft. If he can't lock it down during the Senior Bowl, and Combine, then the team should look elsewhere. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How's Dalton doing?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Only a completely ignorant franchise would be looking for a "solid backup" at QB in rounds 1 or 2.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That would be great for us if they are sold on Locker, because then they'll grant Palmer's wishes, and we can maybe get him. I haven't even considered Palmer knowing how Bengals management is. But maybe it works out. Fisher doesn't have 2-3 seasons to groom a rookie QB. Palmer puts us right back into the race again.

7. JCBRAVE

Ummmm, yea. About that.....

8. 24

24 Starter

His arm strength looked questionable to me. Mayock keeps talking about underrated arm strength, but I didn't see it. Average at best.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

People might get solid backups out of those picks unintentionally, but nobody's searching for a long-term backup of any sort with a 1st or 2nd round pick

10. JCBRAVE

I get what you're saying. My response was a shot at this team. Seems like every move we've made lately is an ignorant one, only an ignorant front office would do.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar