Titans staff watching Kaepernick, Locker, very closely

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Mayock on Locker today, after being asked his thoughts on him by Burmeister: In one word: "Erratic"

which is a kind way of saying he sucked

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just in case you guys don't know this site:

NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com

it's the best. The webmaster is currently in Mobile, AL for the sr. bowl. Does interviews, has all the weigh-ins, blogs... mock draft is good. player rankings are good. One of my favorite draft sites.

But on to Locker, he's my fav QB this year.. (Ponder is #2). Jake would be an awesome 2nd rounder.. I doubt he'll be there though.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't think Cincy will trade Palmer but they can't control whether or not he chooses to "retire" so I don't see how they can not be looking at QBs in this draft - and ironically Marvin and Co (bengals staff) are coaching Locker in the Senior Bowl. If they like what they see he'll be there for em at #4..

4. 24

24 Starter

Hate Kaepernick's release. I'd rather stay away from QBs with glaring fundamental flaws. However, I would expect them to do their due diligence on Locker. None of the QBs looked especially sharp today, Locker had some nice throws during 1v1, but very streaky. I'm curious to see how he does later in the week, as he settles down.

Also, really good draft website, I highly recommend it. http://www.draftinsider.net/

5. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

It's just www.draftcountdown.com now. :)

Shane P. Hallam, #2 analyst behind the owner, also noticed the Titans interacting with Ricky Stanzi, along with Locker and Kaepernick. /Link

6. ItsGonnaHurt

ItsGonnaHurt Practice Squad

I've been supporting Locker as our QB option. As for the above, I agree that seeing how he looks later in the week will be telling. And while Mayock said he thought Jake was "erratic" today, he also said that he wasn't convinced it wasn't just nerves, since most of Jake's misses were "high and wild" hinting at being "amp'd up". Every one of these "kids" looks nervous. They're feeling everything out. Can't wait to see the game this Saturday. :pant:

7. ItsGonnaHurt

Thank you!! About time someone put some numbers to what alot of people have overlooked concerning Jake's accuracy issues.

Good question. I'd like to know those numbers also. But most people would agree that Luck's receiving corps was hands down, better than that of the Huskies. Kearse was the only receiver that Jake had worth any salt, and as the year went on, he got more coverage from the defense.

I agree that Luck was a better QB, but in this draft, I'd pick Locker... unless someone else absolutely blew the doors off him, or he collapsed completely.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 24

24 Starter

I believe Luck's WRs had 17 drops? That would make it about 63% for Locker. Either way, the numbers don't tell the full story. Locker struggles with fitting the ball into tight windows, he doesn't put enough touch on the ball. Consistency is, and will be, his biggest issue. I've seen him make some incredible throws, but he will follow it up with some horrible misses. And, this is coming from someone who likes Locker.

9. ItsGonnaHurt

Oh, I agree. But you put it best when you said the numbers don't tell the full story. Most people look at Locker's numbers and just say he has a terrible completion %, so he's inaccurate. They don't take into account the the rest of the situation. Locker will have work to do, no doubt. But I'd hope he wouldn't be thrust onto a starter role his first year. I think he'd be a steal in the 2nd Round... I just don't think he'll make it that far. Too many teams who will be looking for QB's/solid backups.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Not to say we aren't looking at him, but it could be easily mistaken that we were talking to Stanzi too, he's the only other North QB on the roster beside Kap/Lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar