Titans signed Herndon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Trey, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The signing of Herndon makes sense now, with Pacmans withdrawal.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And so will you.

What's your point? I feel nice and safe if any Aussie sports 'thug' does something. Doesn't affect me, I just watch/follow the team and want them to win.
    Player can do whatever they want on their own time.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What do you want football for? To study it? or to be entertained? or some homosexual fantasy of men in tights?

As far as I am concerned they are not guilty of anything, they are free men, they are drafted and they are paid to win, not paid to be a good sport.

So is that :rolleyes:

yes we know that.

We've survived with McNair, Rolle, Hopkins, Pacman, Finnegan, Starks, Haynesworth etc.
    Seems it is conductive actually.

Is where you work the NFL?

I thought not, so the point is irrelevant.

Take out all the players guilty of a crime or accused, or even cheating on a woman (moral standards) and you wouldn't have a game let alone any quality.

Good for you.

Extreme cases go to jail, simple as that.

So thanks for the rant, but it made no sense considering you begin with allowing scum bags, criminals and thugs and end with 'keep in mind we are talking extreme cases'

Make up your mind.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Its all about morals...some got them and some dont..

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

gunny always breaksdown threads and givees the most in depth coverage about them, as if each tiny post is like superbowl sunday over and over and over again.

6. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I don't really care what the coaches end up doing with our secondary as long as it works and LT and RH aren't playing. We can't have them in our secondary anymore especially when we have 3 brand new DB's that we recieved this year. The line up should be

LCB - Harper
    RCB - Finnegan/Herndon
    SS - Hope
    FS - Griffin
    NB - Herndon

The only reason why I would prefer Herndon as the starter at RCB is because he has so much more experience at the position. Finnegan is not bad at it at all, but just doesn't have the experience Herndon has and I would prefer to have majority all vets in the secondary.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Here is how Im seeing the starting rotations because I heard we gave Herndon starter's money

S-Hope
    S-Lowry
    CB-Harper
    CB-Herndon
    NB-Finnegan
    DB-Hill

I know I said Herndon wont start, but that was before I heard that w gave him starters pay. Yeah, I know that Griffin isnt up there...why should he be?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As usual gunny is clueless..

Nobody is saying someone should be suspended for cheating on a spouse but you at least know enough of your lame arguement to bring that into it.

You can't understand that if someone is harmful to society they may also be harmful to their team or sport? Based on your logic a guy in another state could murder and rape all the children he wants as long as he doesn't harm my child. Is that it gunny? You were not paralyzed by one of pacman's gunman so who cares? One of ray lewis buddies didn't shank you so who gives a frig Doesn't effect me duh? It wasn't one of your loved ones who was killed by a drunk driving bengals linebacker so who cares?

I'm not one of those who thinks we are better off without pacman. I'm willing to give him another chance but any moron can see that his stupidity may have cost this team a shot at the playoffs this year and you should at know that.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Deluxxe..

Usually the dime back is a safety in this defense. Fuller would be the likely candidate. Or griffen but who in the heck knows what he will be doing.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Pac's loss hurt us, definitely, but I am one that thinks the other additions should mean a better secondary than we had last year. Hill and Thompson got picked on for TDs over and over again last year. Then we needed Pac and VY to pull out their heroics to win games. I believe that a secondary is only as good as it's weakest player, and I don't see how the bottom rung hasn't been raised. And if we can bring in a DE or get better play out of the ones we have, then I see us as a middle-tier pass defense this year.

But we lost a playmaker, so the secondary is not going to win games for us like it did last year. Hope is a playmaker, too though - and if he doesn't have to make up for other guys being out of position he might be able to come up with some game-changers. And Griffin - who knows - another playmaker, but we'll have to wait and see there. Obviously we don't have a shutdown corner, but only a handful of teams do... you should be able to win with just consistent solid play, which I think we have a better chance of seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar