Titans sign DT Amon Gordon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Haynes ex-wife and kids still live here so I'd assume he's visiting on his kids on a day off. If he was visiting/working out for the titans we'd have heard about it.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Pleasure. We sign scrubs only.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Maybe I have a shot at the NFL after all.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Like Witherspoon, Ball and Babin?

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Like Amon Gordon.

Witherspoon and Babin our big off-season additions that shook the AFC! Okay they have turned out to be decent free agent signings so far, but we lost better players to free agency.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My guess would be that Gordon is good. The Titans are good at drafting DE's and DT's that fit their scheme. Look at the depth we have now. If Washburn had any say on who gets signed (why would he not) then this guy is someone who has a high motor and quick burst. I'm sure he's not some scrub.

As a former college football player I know that the best players aren't always the ones with the most hype.

7. TitanJeff

Such as?

Why is it so hard for some to admit that signing players who are hungry to save their careers is sometimes better than signing the guy who only cares about a dollar?

This guy wasn't brought in to start. He was brought in because he knows the system and can help in the rotation a few snaps while Marks is recovering.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

well I'm sure you remember Vanden bosch, Bulluck, Mawae and Haynesworth(lst year).

Better in terms of what the financial books or playoff runs?

9. TitanJeff

You're making this too easy.

KVB and Bulluck have been upgraded by Witherspoon and Babin. Mawae is not in the league which should tell you his value. Haynesworth is also getting just a few snaps and has been nothing more than a nightmare for the Redskins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Sorry to bore you. What are you the oracle about here?

Yes Witherspoon and Babin look good so far, 4 games bare in mind.
    My point was That Haynesworth would not be here on business. At this stage of the season we would rather sign scraps than make a SB run. I WANT AH BACK! In my opinion, the defense would be upgraded and be top 3 in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar