Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Sign Corey Simon...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    • Tip Jar Donor

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Moolah:
    $5
    Well... IF he's healthy it could be great for us. Gotta trust the team doctors that he's good to go. Simon/AH could clog up the middle really well. With Bulluck/Thorton on the outside edges it should be tough to run on us. I know a lot of people thought Simon was washed up - I just simply had no opinion... the Colts value skills completely differently than the Titans. I never understood this mystery illness. It's just impossible to know. Hopefully he's good to go.
    • Staff / Moderator

Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    If he's healthy and in shape, this is a major pickup. The guy was a stud with the Eagles.

Haynesworth, Simon, KVB, and Odom should (theoretically) make a for a very good DLine.
  2. zackmann Guest

good signing...this should help our run D....

my condolences to the local burger kings....
  3. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,552
    I just don't understand why he would play any better/harder for us than he did the Colts.

It had been reported the "undisclosed illness" was "polyarthritis". I know he had arthroscopy for his left knee. I don't see how the 2 would be related.

Most "Polyarthritis" conditions are autoimmune- where the body's immune system attacks itself (attacking joint linings in polyarthritis). If that truly is the case with Simon- then that would be good. It most likely could be controlled with medicine. Caveat would be side-effects of the medicines needed to treat it and if the condition progressed to attack other organ systems.

Anyway- he'll add decent depth and hopefully motivate Starks. If our medical team is right in their assessment- I can see this working out really well for us.
  4. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $619
    Buh bye to who? Mahelona? Long? Simon? Be funny if he got cut after the GB game. Not really.
  5. Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Moolah:
    $10
    Yowsa! The only way we pick this guy up is if our medical and coaching staff truely believe he can return to his pro bowl form. If he does... AWESOME! Now I REALLY gotta watch Thursdays game!
  6. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    You think he will play Thurs? So Soon after signing I will be suprised.
  7. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Expectation management. Simon is an upgrade over Long or Mahelona (who will likely be released to make room for Simon).

He will not be a strating DT until well into the season, but if he works hard and stays healthy, he is a definite upgrade.
  8. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,193
    maybe Mahelona can make the Practice Squad?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.