Titans select CB _____________ with 2nd round pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Mar 5, 2013.

?
  1. David Amerson

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Jonathan Banks

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Jordan Poyer

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Darius Slay

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Wouldn't

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ok, I was in favor of taking Dee Milliner with our 10th pick, but it's looking more and more like a sure thing that he won't make it past the Lions at 5(I also really want one of those monster guards). With that said, it's looking like there is a very good chance all of these guys could fall to us in the 2nd(I left out Rhodes and Trufant because they will be gone).

These prospects are all extremely intriguing to me, and I would like to have them all...Unfortunately we can only take one, and the one I would take is this guy:

David Amerson

This dude is a monster. He had a mind-blowing 17 interceptions over the past two seasons. He also had 33 passes deflected over that span which proves he is simply a ball-hawk. He didn't shy away from tackling either; he had 120 over the past 2 seasons. Good luck finding another CB in this draft(or any draft of late for that matter) that comes close to that production. On top of that, he measured in at 6'1 205 and ran a 4.38 40 while getting 15 reps on the bench and also notching a 36 inch vertical.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think Milliner will be there, but in the case that he is not, I don't want to spend a 2nd or even 3rd on one. Considering they will probably not crack the starting lineup and only contribute in mostly dime packages. We need full time starter in 1 and 2, and hopefully one of our thirds.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If we somehow traded back and picked up an extra 2nd I would do this.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think their will be good value at CB even into the 3rd rnd. I'm not convinced that OG is where we go in the 1st rnd. We could easily go DL in the 1st and then OL in the 2nd. Also FA will tell us a bunch. If we sign a CB to compete with Verner for the outside spot then we probably don't go CB until mid to late rnd. I like the potential of Sensabaugh and Cambell, but you would much prefer to not head into the season with just potential on the roster.

My preference at CB would be to grab a vet with starting experience to compete with Verner and then go the mid rnd route.

I do like Amerson. I also think Amerson could play safety which he did in high school.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think CB is nearly big enough of a need to warrant a 2nd round pick. It's behind OG, DE, S and TE in terms of need. Those are also the positions where the value and depth is in this draft, which is very lucky.

I definitely don't see the Titans taking a CB early.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Safety, not CB

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

The Tennessee Titans select Cornerback, Darelle Revis

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As often as we're in nickle, we need another CB, so IMO this is a high priority.

I like Trufant more everyday, but like said above, he aint gonna last til the 2nd. Banks may though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think there are FA out there we can get. Especially with guys like Nnamdi and DRC likely to get cut.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar