Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Examples of collins helping vince..

Collins would take a shower first to make sure the water was warm enough. Don't want our star QB to catch a cold.

Collins would yell, "your turn vince" after taking his 5 snaps at practice.

Collins would act as a valet service for vince's vehicle. Don't want our star QB walking across a dangerous parking lot..

I would say that is worth a million dollars and a roster spot. Oh yeah..

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Dont forget grabbing him a gatorade bottle when Vince was thirsty

Lmao

:rotfl:

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Rolltide...

Im sure thats the reason Jeff re-signed Collins..
    to test the water VY showers with.. :suspect: :rolleyes:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well it sure wasn't to play football.....

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well considering VY said it himself, i'd take his word over yours.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why don't you look up how much charity work he does.

Compare it to you

Then get off the high horse.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

Players say stuff like that all the time. It's called being diplomatic, being nice. What is he supposed to say? you should know what that's like dealing with the australian press when you played.:yes:

If he starts calling collins daddy i'll believe it.

So how much of vince young's success last year should we attribute to collins? 30%? 60%? 90%? Do you honestly believe that vince would have been anything less as a player if it was volek backing him up?

Vince is already a star in this league what the hell does he need a mentor for?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

regardless if he was a bad influence do you think he would be back?

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think Volek would have been a better mentor. He knows Bennett almost biblically and could of helped Young notice the little tendencies that the both of them have learned over time.

Collins likes to go deep and use dump offs. Young last season did not look to our TE as much as our O had in previous years. He threw allot of long balls and completed allot of WR screens and dump off outside passes. This is not the direction we want Young to be headed in. He need to look middle of the field more, or shorter routes. This will open up huge holes for him to run through or create confusion in the mid secondary that will lead to deep passes as the S try to compensate. And with our current O-line scheme our run game would benefit from this too. Or that is my take on it.

10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Vince will throw to his TE more and more once he gets comfortable. Take David Thomas for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar