Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VY, do NOT get hurt

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Why the eye roll? He's not coming in to be #1, and you won't find a better #2...This is a good move, IMHO. He can be the tutor to young Mr. Young. The NOD to Young's McNair...

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. I dont know who else could come in and better a better back up.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yeah, in all seriousness (which my last post in this thread was not completely) Collins isn't bad as a backup, and I've looked at him very much as Young's Neil O'Donnell.

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

solid backup. we never want to see our #2 QB so there's no reason to waste a draft pick on a QB.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Brad Johnson? Or actually, who could be a better backup than Kerry Collins? Walk outside your house. The first person you see could easily be a better backup and/or mentor to Young.
    But hey, at least we finally did something, eh? Signing Kerry is sure to make us a playoff contender!

7. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

This is not a bad move. He will be teaching VY, which will only help him. He knows the system now too.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

A 10 year old water heater?

Mentor Young? The guy is not the type of player we want Young to become.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He is a backup. Who do you want to come in a back up Vince that is available? Brad Johnson has been thrown out, and I would be ok with that, but with Kerry being here a year already I would just assume have kerry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar