Titans release receiver Mike Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hawkins was a lock as soon as he was drafted.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher never said Mike Williams was good. He said he lost weight.

Big difference.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Both I hope

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Catching an idiot in a bottle?

Recently i defended vince young against bashing from jwill and gloat who referred to him as "bottom tier"...

I wrote a post about how positive i was about this team and how we are dominant in the offensive and defensive line.

I have made very positive statements about jones, ford, keglar, carr, griffin and hayes and got in a major arguement over my optimism over craig stevens.

If i objected to mike williams it was because he was a POS, crap and any logical thinking person would understand that.

I have been positive at least 2/3 of the time complaining about just one of our 7 draft picks and gushing about several of them.

I have not been widely negative totally false but when someone like gloat a damn lions fan craps all over our franchise player you are asleep somewhere. :sad2:

Wake up!

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That's what I thought about Joel Filani.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

4th round vs. 6th round. Big difference.

7. The Playmaker

Yeah but we had no WR's last year. This year their is a little competition.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

There was a competition last year. Filani, Roby, and Calico (I think) lost.

9. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

It is sad that Mike Williams couldn't make our squad. I had him listed as one of our 7 receivers. I am unsure what the coaches see that we can't see. Maybe we as fans were just holding out hope that he could pull through and regain his form that he had at USC. As or right now, I believe we will have 6 receivers and 4 tight ends ( They are listed in No particular order)
    WRs
    Justin McCareins
    Justin Gage
    Biren Ealy
    Brandon Jones
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Roydell Williams

TEs
    Alge Crumpler
    Bo Scaife
    Dwayne Blakely
    Craig Stevens

10. The Playmaker

Not trying to start an argument but that's not a competition. That's 3 players who shouldn't have been on the team anyway. Filani seemed pretty decent, all Roby had was speed, and Calico was terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar