Titans Reach Agreement with Rookies Harris and Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree that it should happen, and is a no brainer for everyone but the rookies and the agents. But the agents are going to do everything in their power to keep it from happening, and they have a lot of power with a lot of important people. Agents get 3% of every contract signed. That means they're making millions of dollars EVERY year off of the rookie contracts. A lot of players really listen to their agents. Also, a lot of players really like the huge rookie contracts, a lot of them got them.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The signings will be a good place to watch MR to get an indication of what kind of GM he is/will be. For all the criticisms I had of Reese - this was one area he was pretty outstanding in. He almost always got everyone signed before camp, with the notable exception of Pacman... but (thankfully) the holdup was over a very strict conduct clause that would protect the Titans in case of [fill in your favorite incident here]. Anyway, with all the rookies that will need to get in camp on time and get right to work if they are going to contribute, we need MR to deliver and get the deals done in time.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sadly, not enough.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

We have Nick Harper, Reynaldo Hill, Cortland Finnegan, Kelly Herndon, Michael Waddell, Andre Woolfolk, Ryan Smith, and Michael Griffin. If we can't find a decent second corner out of that, I give up.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we've got lots of decent second corners, just no first corners.

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Cb

We should be able to hold up pretty good on the secondary with all these guys we have well i hope! I think we are still lacking on the offense position or sort of. I just hope these young guys step up and help Vince, he is going to need all the help he can get if he can't establish a # 1 receiver that he can trust and count on. RB spot on my opinion still kind of "so so" if Chris brown can stay healthy, Lendale and Chris henry step up and do their part we can keep or hopes up and, we should be a pretty good contender at the most. 15 more days people and it is on!!!! GO TITANS :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar