Titans @ Rams Preseason Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Hey guys, watched most of the game, especially when Locker was in. First off (side note) I think CJ's leverage is diminishing as Harper and others come on so strong.
    Aside from what stats say, you have reason to be very excited about Locker. He just looks confident and fearless out there. When they start to gameplan they can set him up to be succesful. Overall pretty good showing IMO.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It may have had something to do with amount of backup linemen we had in. No Stewart because of a hammy and Kropog was out because of a knee.

I could see us emphasizing the run because the coaches didn't want to get the quarterbacks killed.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Good point, didn't notice those things.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this, and I also think that we may be trying to show CJ something here. Harper looked pretty good against a first team D, and Stafon looked good also (albeit against scrubs though).

I would not get too concerned about play selection during preseason...

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I agree. Just felt like Hasselbeck wasn't given a chance and he reacted that way.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

The goal in Preseason Football is, let's face it, not to win, but to get some practice and see what we have.

I think that's why the play selection was so vanilla. Mostly runs, to see what we have minus CJ, and when we did pass, it was typically short so we had more chances to utilize the run.

Send a message to CJ, but also to see what we had without CJ.

Next week, I bet we see a larger number of passes...

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Locker wasn't setting his feet on the bootleg or using his athleticism to get off the first defender, instead he was throwing off his back foot falling backwards, not good. Cameron Graham might be the worst tight-end i've ever seen on an NFL field!!

Griffin..........WTF!! I don't know what this guy's problem is, so disappointing. Didn't see much of Chris Hope either. Babineaux continues to be around the ball however. Jason Jones, c'mon man, tissue paper soft.

OLine looked great, I love Ringer/Harper's style of pressing the line and hole. Not sure if we'll get the same results from CJ because he doesn't hit the hole, that i'm worried about.

Tommy Campbell is gonna be a player, if he only could've made a breakup on the Avery TD, he was there! I like what I see so far, especially since our last project Cary Williams is slated to start for the Ravens.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

:moon2: Stupid Ravens.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I always liked Cary Williams.

I seem to remember Hope making a good run stop at the line.

Also, Fisher was always really aggressive in the preseason with trick plays that he never used in the regular season.

I think we started running the ball a lot because the coaches decided to move on as if CJ won't be here this year. That or because it was working great. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IMO the emphasis on the run game is/was because it is simpler to implement than the passing game, plus at least in theory Titan have a good run blocking OL. It was AWOL in 2010 but hopefully they get their faces off the milkcartons this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar