Titans QB decision coming Thursday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Will Kerry Collins or Vince Young start against the Jaguars? Coach Jeff Fisher says he will announce his decision on Thursday.[​IMG]

Link to full article

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Fisher won't reveal QB info until Thursday

<em>Posted by ESPN.com&rsquo;s Paul Kuharsky</em>
    <BR>
    <BR>NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Unless he was stalling, Jeff Fisher&rsquo;s intention is to reveal his plan for his starting quarterback Thursday for Sunday&rsquo;s home game against Jacksonville.
    <BR>
    <BR>Fisher&rsquo;s relying on the old &ldquo;competitive advantage&rdquo; rationale for his approach, because if the Jaguars know who going to play, they&rsquo;d foolishly presume they didn&rsquo;t need to be prepared for the other guy.
    <BR>
    <BR>And because they can retool their roster in a matter of days to somehow be more ready for a quarterback they beat by 20 points four weeks ago (<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=734" target="_new">Kerry Collins</a>) or the one they left asking out of his last meaningful game on Sept. 7, 2008 (<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9589" target="_new">Vince Young</a>).
    <BR>
    <BR>Here's <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4603045" target="_blank">the link</a> to the news story I did on the developments, or non-developments, if you will.

Link to full article

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Why does Fisher even need to announce the starter at all? Why can't Jax find out who the starter is when our O takes the field on Sunday? Juck Facksonville

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Wow. After reading that, it has changed my mind on the whole QB situation. I thought Fish was going to stick to Collins. But now, I think VY will actually be our starting QB. I mean, why would he go out tommorow and announce that Kerry is starting? That would be suicidal.

GL Vince.

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

ding ding ding!

if Jeff was really concerned about "competitive issues", then it would be a game-time announcement...

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

"He's been looking good at practice, he looked good at training camp. Practice is different than the game."
    -B. Scaife from article

Haha well we know where Scaife's expectations are.

8. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha yea, this is more of a Bud has his foot up Fisher's you know what issue.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Who is Scaife to make a comment on another player? Lately Scaife has looked like crap.

10. amy

amy Starter

Just shut up and catch the balls that are thrown to you, Schaife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar