Titans Playoff Tickets Gone in 5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Rooms will open up as other SB hopefuls are eliminated. Gonna have to pay though. :greedy:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is a shame but it is simple market dynamics. Opposing fans are willing to pay more for those seats than Titans fans. A PSL holder should sell his tix to whoever he/she wants to- there is no fault in them selling to the highest bidder.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I can understand that, but I think it's a bad idea for three reasons...

1. We may not get there, enjoy the playoff moments that we know we'll have.
    2. Giving up your tickets actually decreases our chances of getting there by hurting our home field advantage.
    3. The super bowl is a neutral field, and regular fans have much less control over the super bowl ticket distribution. A good 60% or more of the crowd will be people who don't go to more than one or two football games a year, and a significant percentage of them may not particularly be fans of either team. Keeping our crowd at home solid during the playoff run is more important than stacking the crowd for the big game.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

So your one of those PSL owners that invite these opposing fans in our house for money or jack up the prices for us real Titan fans that wanna go. Thanks!
    :chair:

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If you lived in Seattle Washington, and had 1 stadium to go see the Titans play, would you have the opportunity to go see them?

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

They can keep the tickets.

to much hassle to go to the games, you couldnt give me a free ticket cause i still wouldnt bother going.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

ding ding ding, we have a winner. That's why so many opposing fans fill the stadium.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

What amazes me even more are the people who regularly pay for and go to the games, but are planning on skipping a PLAYOFF game in order to fund a theoretical future SB trip... maybe you just secretly don't want to spend the money anyway, but go to the game we know we're playing in!

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well it's true, some people like spending 30 minutes trying to park then walking to LP and waiting in lines for food, bathrooms etc...then trying to get out of there after the game is over.

And some people like me likes kicking back on the couch, eating what they want and drinking as much beer as they want, then taking a cat nap right after the game. And its not just Football Games i freaking hate any large event where there are lines and issues like that. My Wife wants to go to Disney World in a couple years, i already now it's going to be the worst day of my life. I take the F out of Fun cause all i see is the bad in things.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Goot lawdy!

First of all they are my tickets, so I'll do what I want with them. If an opposing fan will pay more money than a Titans fan for my seats, so be it.

Second, I've never EVER sold my tickets to an opposing fan before. If I happen to do that this time for a $1200 profit, I can live with it.

Third, if my two seats really make any difference in the outcome of the game, the Titans have serious problems.

Fourth, jessestylex, I can't be more of an opposite person than you. Wouldn't go to a playoff game if someone gave you a FREE ticket!?! What is wrong with you??? Going to games is a great experience! Also, not excited for Disney World!!! C'mon, that's like the main reason I want to have kids one day. Plus it's so much better now with the "skip the line" pass or whatever it is. Basically you wait in 1 long line for every 3 rides. So much better than back in the day.

Fifth, and the best and final point, if I sell my divisional tickets I still have my championship game tickets. If I sell them, and we lose, then I have an extra $1200, and I probably wouldn't want to be at the game anyway. If I sell them, and we win, a third of my superbowl trip is paid for.

That said, I'd say my chances of using the tickets are 90%. It's unlikely I will pass up the chance at a playoff game even though it makes so much financial sense to do otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar