Titans PlayCall analysis from Giants game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Cam, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

It impacts the game in that Fish doesn't allow Vince to pass, which inevitably stacks the line and causes a less than 4ypc average for CJ.

I know KC has his fans around here, but he really doesn't make much of a difference. He played the same way Young did before the D went prevent and if they are both gonna suck against Pitt, you may as well go with the younger,faster one whom you are also trying to groom.

As for predictability, knowing the defensive game plan is not an advantage if you come out and play exactly as they expect you to.

We knew what the Steelers would do defensively...and played into it.

You're right. A good game plan isn't about what keeping them guessing because every team studies every other team. It's about adjustments.

Fisher does none, especially offensively.

We're predictable AND we don't change.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

First of all, teams will stack the line all season long. The only way to keep them honest is for Young to hit some passes to his WRs 15-20 yard as he did on that one drive Sunday. It opened up CJ.

Against the Steelers, Vince was allowed to pass. But because he wasn't making reads fast enough OR his WRs were not getting open OR he wasn't getting protection (or all the above), he wasn't successful.

So was the game plan wrong or was the offense unable to execute?

No way to know how the game would have gone if Collins was named the starter, had a week to work with the first team, etc. He may have done better or worse.

I bet he'd made all the meetings.

Again, you have no way of knowing if the game plan was bad or it was the execution. My entire point here is that the last two times the Titans played the Steelers, they had a lot more offensive success. So what's the difference this times around? I think you look at the Steelers defensive execution and the lack of execution by the Titans offense.

Really? How so? Are you suggesting that just because the Steelers are playing to stop CJ first that all the Titans do is pass? Guess what? The Steelers got picks and sacks too. NOTHING worked.

The Steelers were dropping the DTs which took away the slants. The Titans suck at the screen.

Again, if a team isn't executing, they won't be successful regardless of game plan. They shut down CJ. They shut down VY. From my seat, the Titans offense didn't do squat regardless of their approach.

As for adjustments, if you didn't see changes last Sunday, you were not watching the game. Fisher/Dinger made quite a few changes from the first to second half against the Giants. What made it work was execution by VY hitting some WRs.

I can't believe anyone would believe Fisher/Dinger don't adjust their game plans. But they can only do so much if the offense isn't executing.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Exactly. I remember many of times all 69k Titans fans knew without a doubt the EG was getting the rock on 3rd and short. Everyone on both sidelines knew as well, heck T-Rack would take a leak between Olson and Miller just so there would be no confusion about where the play was heading. Then when the ball was snapped EG would get the rock and plow his way between the Swede and twitch for the FD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar