Titans @ Packers Live Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I don't know how many of you on here followed the Oilers when McNair began playing but it was not pretty. We all know he sat out two years before starting but his first two years were not pretty. He was downright awful. I remember telling myself this is not going to work out. What a waste of a number two pick. He just doesn't have what it takes. But he turned it around and became an NFL MVP.

I have found myself saying the same thing about Vince. I'm not a Vince basher on this board but from what I've seen it has not been encouraging so far. I'm willing to give him this year and part of next year to figure it out. I'm praying it works out and my heart tells me it will.

2. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Any word on Crumpler? :hmm:

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Vince has a 5 year deal and if by the end of that 5 years he is not a much improved passer then the Titans need to look for another QB. I might even like to see them do it next year just to give him some urgency. The Oilers did that to Warren Moon when they drafted Jim Everett who turned out to not only be a bust but he got them a hell of a lot of talent in return.

what I'm more concerned with is the lack of commitment to get him some help. There are guys out there on the block that can be had which could improve this offense and make Vince's life a little easier.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't they get rid of Moon because he and Cody Carlson were earning a lot and Carlson was younger? Everett never played for Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar