Titans OL getting some love

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was watching NFL Total Access last night and I heard them give the Titans a lot of love along the offensive line.

Warren Sapp got to give his list on the top 5 OL in the league. Michael Roos was #5. He said he was a nasty nasty player, and pointed out that NFLN's Steve Wyche loved him as well. A couple of "woooos" were let out talking about Roos' style of play. Unfortunately #4 was Donald Penn (?) from the Bucs, so that wasn't so cool. Steve Hutchinson was #3, I suddenly forget who #2 was, #1 was Walter Jones.

Naturally, they asked about Joe Thomas, Jordan Gross and a few others. Sapp said look, I don't like these guys anyway, but I have to give respect where its due. They asked "No centers?" Sapp said centers are dirty players and he wouldn't count them anywhere, and laughed.

They came back to the center question later in the show. Shaun Phillips from the Chargers was a guest. He and Steve Wyche got to answer who the best center was in the league. Wyche said he had to go with the elder statesman, Kevin Mawae. Shaun Phillips said, "I'm going to have to go with the guy who elbowed me in my face: Kevin Mawae." Sapp was shaking his head.

It was good to see. I feel like we're getting back to the respect level we had years ago (99-03). 'Bout dang time.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah that was a good segment for a Titan's fan. I enjoyed it.

Number two was Bryant Mckinnie I believe.

Our oline is, and will be, one of our main strengths on offense for a while. I'm glad we got our tackles locked up and Harris will be a stud once Mawae moves on. Bank on it. We're set there for a while. If only we can find another guard opposite Scott. I'm not too excited about Amano.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That O line is going to be blocking for the fastest RB in the league, an RB whose lost weight and has something to prove, and a QB who can put the ball on target to any one of several weapons. I like our chances.

5. jessestylex

Jevon Ringer

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Unless CJ and LW just royally stink up the position in the regular season, Ringer will mainly see just special teams play.

7. jessestylex

if ringer can come on the field and average more yards than White per carry. i dont see why they wouldnt use him more.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I told this story here before but I was having dinner at Morton's and in walks KFC and the entire OL bunch (they had just beat the Packers I think). I asked the waiter about it and he said that every time they didn't give up a sack Kerry would buy the entire OL steak dinners.. He added.. "They're eating alot of steak this season!"..

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah. No.
    First Ringer would have to more or less blow White out of the water in both TC AND the PS in order for him to get some snaps/touches.
    Secondly, he will have to be active for the games if he's to get into the game.
    Third, he will also have to prove he can get crucial short yardage gains (esp in the red zone/touchdowns) in both TC and the PS, much better than White does in order to be considered.
    Don't get me wrong. Ringer is a beast. Anyone who is his size that can bench 400 lbs, and squat 600, has my respect. But he is behind two better than average RBs in the depth chart. He will have to pretty much play like CJ if he wants to be ahead of LW in the depth chart.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. KFC can probably afford it. I'd offer the OL that incentive if I was the QB, too.
    2. More steaks = more protien to help those guys get stronger to better protect the passer. It's a win-win situation for everyone (except KFC's bank account).

They gave him all damn day to throw last season. They deserve steaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar