Titans New 3-4 D with Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And brown as an ILB makes sense to me with McCarthy there. Specially if he plays the weak side because of the WOLB blitzes he basically plays his 43 role and spaces out... He is also good speed for the coverage lb inside while McCarthy is the main run stopping LB

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's killing me that we are discussing this, knowing that it won't happen.

There is no hope for this team... until Bud is six feet under. Sounds sick to say that, but it's the cold, hard truth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm not so sure that's the case. With these current coaches a foot out the door....

4. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Well it's better than talking about the current state of affairs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I definitely agree. I've been discussing the need for a 3-4 switch for years with one of my friends.

Sucks that our organization to mentally handicapped to take risks and make changes.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Klug, Morgan, and Martin would all be solid 34 DEs. Klug can get after the rusher around the edge. Morgan is solid vs the run. Martin has the body. They all have the size and abilities to make the switch.

Casey would be better suited at DE.

I like Ayers at ILB more than I do at 34 OLB. Think Daryl Washington. How would McCarthy not succeed at ILB... Sean Lee (not just because he's white) - both are a little smaller, good at coverage, good tackles, high motor. Witherspoon is gone after this year anyways. Brown might be decent as a standup 3-4 OLB.

I feel like we've been drafting and signing hybrid guys to make the eventual swithc.

7. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

what?!

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

hahahahahaha I meant DE. My bad. :troll:

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The jets are going to fire rex ryan at the end of the year. They should fire the gm but it will be ryan and maybe the gm too. I would hire rex to come here as the head coach in a new york minute. One he commands respect. Two he will make us play better defense. Three he will get us on espn and national coverage.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Funny thing is we arent that far away from being a good defense in a 3-4 scheme. Casey and Klug could start at DE. For NT i think martin could flourish but id bring in a free agent NT. Someone who will get cut but is effective at plugging up the middle. Idc if its Casey Hampton, we could rotate him in. Linebackers, Ayers, Wimbley, Mccarty and then Brown could go inside. If not we could draft Jarvis Jones if hes there. Corner need to add another FA unless we will play alot of zone. Verner is too slow for man. CB NT and LB depth is what we need. Marks could stay for DE depth. He may not be a good run stopper but he can provide pass rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar