Titans need a TE so bad

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Alge Crumpler 2.0 is awful. When other teams pass their TEs are involved while ours disappear. Linebackers have a hard time covering any other teams TEs except ours. None of our TEs can beat anyone or do anything even average. At what point do you say hey we need to draft or merc a TE so its even out there on the field. Every year its some athlete with no brains or football ability who can't run routes or make a play....Ben Troupe, Alge Crumpler, Jared Cook....how can you make this many bad evaluations of players and have a job?? It starts with the personnel evaluations and goes bad from there...

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Any good looking TE's available in this upcoming draft?

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

While that fumble was bad, I think bad playcalling has more to do with our tightend play than bad tightends. Cook is rarely put in situations to do what he does best: run downfield.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Frank Wycheck needs to come teach our TE's how to play the position.

Stevens is reliable when given the opportunity..

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeeea former players coaching for us is just working great right now. I mean the Oline is clicking like never before, and this team is so well coached by Munch lol

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Iwouldn't know as I'm not gay.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

1. Alge was a 4 time pro bowler if I remember. So you are actually giving Cook a compliment. Just because Alge didnt do well catching the ball while here doesnt mean he was never good. Also, Alge was a run blocking TE for us.. not a receiving TE.

2. Cook has potential. Its clear the staff before this new coaching staff was here had no clue how to develope anything. This staff has helped Britt, Washington, Williams, Cook, and Hawkins. Granted, none of them are amazing, but improvement is improvement. Hoping that you can draft some TE and they will come in and be the man is... well.. what they try to do EVERY year. This past years draft was amazing so far, so think about that before you think about personnel evaluations.

3. Go have a few drinks. Smoke a bowl. Kick a kitten. Pinch a baby. or do whatever it takes to relax and come back tomorrow

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Dwayne Allen is the next Jason Witten.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Lol, I finally got a laugh out today.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

May Jared Cook get anal cancer tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar