Titans Lose to Browns, 23-17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You must've been absent the day that your ELEMENTARY school teacher taught the difference between proven facts and unproven speculation/opinion.

If it's fact, like Gunny said, prove it or STFU already.

Like I said, if Fisher wanted any QB out of that draft, it was Cutler. But unlike you I can concede that it's only speculation. Not fact.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And you could just as easily go do the research yourself. Obviously you haven't been around long enough to have any experience with the story.

And we won't be telling posters to STFU on this board. Mind your manners.

3. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

What research is there to do? There's no record of what you're alleging. You ought to think about your credibility before making claims like ones you're making.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't know about Fisher but I'm guessing Norm Chow and him were on the same page both being USC guys.

Former Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow was on the Wake Up Zone on 104.5 this morning and had this to say about the 3rd pick in the 2006 NFL Draft:

"Everyone knew who I wanted and... the minute that they took Vince I told my wife, 'I think my days are numbered here.'"

Obviously Chow is talking about Leinart. So basically the Chow VY relationship was doomed from the beginning. What I can't figure out is did he say this because he didn't think VY would fit his system, or because he didn't think VY was good enough to play quarterback in the NFL. Either way it is a terrible attitude to have, and it goes a long way in explaining why he and VY never seemed to mesh.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chow wanted Leinart. Bud wanted Vince. Fisher would never say he wanted anyone BUT Vince. Why would he?

When Jeff hangs 'em up, he'll write a book. That's when he'll tell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bet that book won't be written until AFTER he gets the negatives back from Donnie Nickey

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im Chow obviously wanted leinart, Bud obviously wanted vince. That's true. But outright stating that fisher did not want vince and all that bs is crazy.Bud said if he is there then take him. But if fisher had a problem he would have told bud it wouldnt work for us. Fisher been our only coach. I think bud would trust him. Now maybe fisher didn't want vince. But if you have that transcript from him saying that then please show me. Otherwise im going to go off of what i have heard fisher himself say. Now i wish we could drop this subject. KC is the starter and VY is the backup who will eventually be under center for us. Why are we going way back to 2006 and saying what we should have done. We drafted Vince. If jeff didn't want him too bad. He's got him and he is now preparing him to be our QB. The 09 season can't get here fast enough. Then we could finally have a conversation about our TEAM. Rather than hundreds of pages arguing amongst ourselves over one player.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Why would you think your days are numbered because they didn't get who you wanted. An OC is supposed to be able to adapt to a players strenghts and playcall around that. He didn't and is still a bit butt hurt that his plays werent successful.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

No $h!+, how does that guy keep making the team? I'm with you on this one.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do hope Fisher does write a book when he is done. It'll be long and in the end we won't know anything more. :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar