Titans looking at DTs. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Marks is improving.

With the playing experience he's getting and another of season of strength training he should be a good player for us.

Haye has basically been invisible again.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just responded to a similar post in another thread but Haye is #7 in tackles so far which ties him with Jones. For a rotational player, I wouldn't call this "invisible".

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I do try to watch out for who's in the lineup but I genuinely haven't noticed him making a play.

Marks has made a number of plays where he's broken through and got pressure.

Seems like Ford,Ball,Jones,Brown and Babin are always making plays.

I guess the players that don't necessarily stand out are making it possible for the play makers to stay fresh.

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think Haye is just solid his not a playmaker like JJ but he will do his job I never seen him out of position or getting Own by a OL.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jovan Haye sucks. No way he'll be here in 2011.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yes, Haye and Jones are tied for #1 on the team in tackles for DTs but Haye hasn't been making much penetration. He seems to do well sliding down the LOS in the running game but isn't getting up field real well. I wouldn't say the guy is horrible but it would be nice to upgrade him if we get a chance in the offseason.

Marks hasn't been great but he does show flashes penetrating and pass rushing. Also, Marks has some upside and should continue to get better.

I'm not sure in passing situations it might not be a bad idea with Brown out to move Ball into a DT spot and play Ford at DE. Against the Chargers that might be a real good idea.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

HELLO Haye is our 4th DT.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

William Hayes seems to have taken a step back.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I like that because a guy isn't ripping through the line, and near the league lead in sacks everyone seems to think he sucks. Dlinemen do more than just pressure the QB. Haye is fine.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Haye sucks. He has .5 sacks in 22 games as a Titan. In this system that's pathetic. And hey, he's only getting paid $7 million this season....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar