Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans LB Akeem Ayers: I screwed up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans had plenty of reasons to kick themselves after Thursday night’s loss to the Colts.

Linebacker Akeem Ayers was one player wishing he could take back a mistake.

Ayers was flagged for a critical unnecessary roughness penalty when he hit Colts quarterback Andrew Luck in the fourth quarter just after he handed off the football. Instead of the Colts facing a third-and-six with just over three minutes left, Indianapolis was awarded a first down at the Tennessee 11-yard line.

Two plays later, Colts running back Donald Brown scored on an 11-yard touchdown run to make it 30-20.

“Honestly, I thought (Luck) still had the ball in his hand,’’ Ayers said. “But I have to know, how they’re protecting quarterbacks in the league, that I can’t do that even though he had his back to me and I couldn’t see if he had the ball.

“I screwed up. But you can’t sit there and harp on it. We still had a chance to get a stop there and hold them to a field goal, but we didn’t do it.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,690
    Cut his ass. Who's the Jaguars SLB. Let us get him.
  2. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,722
    Well, that sucks.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,625
    You've screwed up all year, Ayers.
    Titanup1982 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  4. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,064
    he wasn't the only player who screwed up last night
    SawdustMan high fives this.
  5. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $396
    When I saw it happen I thought exactly as he did. Looked like a great fake for a bootleg. With Lucks back to him, what wa Ayers supposed to do?

It's not Like Ayers laid into him.
  6. dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $602
    I'd like to hear this statement from the coaching staff...
    CalgaryTitansFan high fives this.
  7. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,729
    Ayers has actually struggled all-year. Just when he was finally making some plays (not a lot, but more than usual) against the Colts, he goes dumb. I actually couldn't believe when I saw Luck flying off the camera...

He was RIGHT BESIDE HIM... Why the F would you toss a QB when you are not 100% SURE he has the ball - Luck faked him just by giving him his back and doing a stutter step.

Even if he did have the ball a hit like that might draw a penalty anyway. He could have EASILY rapped his arms around him and just held him or just tackle him normally, and avoid this.
  8. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,502
    ayersmissing.jpg
    cdubbs2121 and Obie09 high five this.
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,048
    This is the type of play losing teams make.

I do feel for him though. If he halfheartedly goes after him and Luck has the ball we have Kiwanuka situation on our hands.
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.