Titans/Jags Preview, Thoughts, and Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUOTE=therealtitandea]Griffin will get some reps at FS during the Jaguars game.. Why?

We will be lining up 8 in the box most of the time because the Jaguar receivers wont be able to destroy the starting corners...

Nick Harper and Courtland Finnegan.

During the packages where there wont be 8 in the Box, Griffin will line up at the Nickel Position or will sometimes be in the FS position, If Lowry isn't there.

Expect Lowry to get a bit more reps there if they're not lined up with 8 in the box.

Expect to see alot of subs also.. We have a bit of depth and the team will use that when needed.

You will see less of Vincent Fuller and more of Kelly Herndon lined up in the slot also.

Expect alot of subbing with the DTs.. Corey Simon is a good signing because he will take on Double Teams most of the time, which will allow either KVB or the opposite starting DE to get great pressure on the QB. Garrad. ( sp? )

David G. Will scramble at times, so the 8 in the box with our more physical DB will stuff him even more.

Plus there will be no Lamont Thompson or Reynaldo Hill playing to allow people to get behind them[/QUOTE]

2. Let me say that i feel alot better facing the Jags defensively this time around then last year for several key reasons.The first is our defensive line which in my opinion, is much improved.I think the signing of Corey Simon is gonna benefit alot espically this game playing with AH.The fact they they can both draw double teams makes the pocket alot easier to collaspe and keep Garrard in check.If Odom can give us a strong rush from the DE slot we're going to make things very hard for Jacksonville to get anything going.Secondly our defensive backs are much improved.The fact that Harper is familiar with their receivers and schemes gives us good advantage.We seem to have great depth and the right people for our nickel and dime packages.Both Grif or Courtland can get the job done at the other CB positions.Both are physical and play the position very well.As far as FS is concered Lamont is gone and now we don't all have to hold our breath when people go deep on us anymore.Lowry or Griff will be significant upgrades over Lamont.And lastly has to be the confidence that the Defense is playing with.I know its only preseason but they have made a favorable impression throughout the first 4 games.Hopefully we can carry that over.Now the bullets are real so we'll see if all this hoo rah has paid off

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

31-13 titans win

4. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I think the Titans are going to win even though early odds show us as 6 1/2 to 7 point underdogs.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

o_O even the bookies underestimate us...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

57 - 3. Titans pull back a little and go easy. It's not like the AFC championship all over again.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

854 to -16
    Titans Win
    Vince throws for 5400 yards and 68 td's
    Lendale runs for 1200 yards and 50 td's
    Chris Brown runs for 4 yards on 8 carries with 4 td's
    Rob Bironas has to have his leg amputated after the game, we immediately sign Gary Anderson.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Prediction: Jags fans will cry like Nancy Kerrigan.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Then Nancy Kerrigan will cry again. The world remains unimpressed. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar