Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Manning might just ruin Locker if he was brought in. Look what he did for all those pansies behind him on the depth chart.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think you can really compare Jake Locker to Curtis Painter, Jim Sorgi, etc. True talent would rise to the top eventually.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm against bringing Manning in but I don't understand the hate towards the idea of it. Everyone liked bringing in Hasselbeck and how he can help with Locker but you don't expect that with Manning? Having Manning for a year or two would be pretty nice but his injury issues concern me. There are some big positives to this though...

1. Could put the team on the map
    2. Good for business
    3. Great QB
    4. Mentor for Locker
    5. If he accepts 1 year, perfect.

If Manning doesn't work out then just give the job to Locker. Now if Manning wants a long term deal then stay away completely.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Manning will want 3-4 years at the very least, and he'll want to play throughout his contract. Manning is not someone that will handle being a backup. I really don't see this working out for the Titans mainly because of Jake Locker. You really can't have your early 1st round pick sit on the bench for 4+ years.

Hasselbeck is expendable, there's absolutely no arguing that. Even though he started out well in the first half of the season, his play in the 2nd half had half the board calling for his head. As much as the FO likes Hasselbeck's personality, there's really no loyalty there. He's been with the team for one year and he was only brought in as a stopgap between VY and JL.

I don't blame the FO for inquiring, this may be Bud Adams saying "forget Jake Locker, I won't be around long enough to see him with a Superbowl, I want Manning and I want to win now." Or it may just be them doing their due diligence, either way, I'm glad they at least inquired.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We can always sign Peyton to a 3-4 year deal, then cut or trade him before Locker's third or fourth year in the league.

I definitely wouldn't want Locker to stay on the bench for more than 3 seasons.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

How is Peyton going to generate any additional revenue for the Titans? He might for the Jaguars, or some other team that needs to put more butts in seats, but the Titans already sell out every game.

Peyton's college town is 200 miles away.

Peyton has spent 18 years of his life in New Orleans, 14 in Indy and 4 in Knoxville. People who try to claim Tennessee is "home" to Peyton are grasping at straws.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But they don't actually have full attendance every game, I think they would for the few seasons with Peyton here. Also, this converts East Tennessee into Titans fans.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

....and then he won 9 in a row and grabbed the MVP award along the way....#whatidiotwouldn'twantthat?

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

is this a serious question? one word: jerseys

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Though obviously nothing is guaranteed, Manning is an instant ticket stamp into the Super Bowl race for the next two seasons..
    Just about the same window Bud probably has (at least before the dementia takes over).

I like Locker, but I can wait to see him play. So exactly what else is the problem with upgrading your most important position with arguably the top player at that position?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar