Titans interested in Brandon Lloyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

lol... CJ 3 yrd per carry and MSW 3 yrd per catch.... what a dream team...

2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

MSW would actually fit what the Titans need moreso than Lloyd would have. We already have Washington, Hawkins, and Williams. All short shifty guys. MSW is an athletic, bigger guy in the same mold as Britt. Obviously way, way less talented.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Eugene Amano and Jacob Ford?

4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

It was a joke....how could you not get that?

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

so was that :p... i know they were friends.. they're both from orlando..

but i do agree that MSW is a better fit than Lloyd in terms of needing size...... but not better overall in skills...

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

A 6th round pick... wow, really, Tennessee?

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Now that we took Avery and DWill through the bye week, I will reserve judgment on this decision until after this weekend. Not going above a 6th round pick for Lloyd tells me that Munch et. al think we are fine with what we have....hope they are right (they do see these guys on the field more than I do anyway).

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I don't think Avery is anything more than a roster spot, I like D-Will and haven't given up on him, but he's too inconsistent to be a starter at this point of his career, and Hawk, well I've given up on him.

We definitely have one of the weaker receiving corps in the league to say the least. You wouldn't have done Lloyd for a conditional 5th rounder? Hell, I would have without hesitation (ok, maybe just a little hesitation).

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Don't disagree, but, like you, I am not watching these folks every day.

Heck, wasn't a 6th rounder on the table from the beginning with this deal??? The fact that we did not match or beat that tells me one of two things:

1. We are ok with what we have at this point, OR

2. There are issues with Lloyd that we are not aware of (may be plausible since no one else matched or beat the 6th round offer for several days here).

That said, I agree that, based on what I know about Lloyd, he was worth more than a 6th round pick...but it may prove to show what I know LOL.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Seriously, I'm not. We didn't really need him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar