Titans have 2nd smartest athlete: Sporting News

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

ah, i thought it was chris johnson!!!

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not really overly impressive when you compare the SAT and GPA to the very top elite.

I knew guys with better SATs and grade points who took harder majors.
    Of course he was playing football and did graduate in 2.5 years so that is pretty tough.

Standardized tests aren't a good way to really know real IQ either.
    I had to take the GRE prior to getting into graduate school. I bought a $30 program (been a few years ago) to prep for the exam because it had been so long since I had any college. I ended up with a 1950 score which translates to something like a 195 IQ. Those on this board can testify I'm not really that smart.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Can't believe people are sitting here harping on Myron Rolle's SAT score.

The guy is a Rhodes Scholar FFS. How many of your buddies with better SAT scores ended up getting a Rhodes Scholarship?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I don't understand the 1340 SAT score. I really hope that's on 2, not on 3. If that's on 3, that's pitiful.

I got 1200/1810 on my SATs two years ago.

I'm still nowhere near him but that is awful for a 3 score.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I would rather have the dumbest player in the NFL on our team that can help us win :)

6. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

He's a year older than me...and it was the year that I graduated that they had the 3 score. So i'm pretty sure it's the 2 score otherwise it'd be really bad.

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

It's obviously a 2 score geez. Who cares, we are in the middle of an important season, this stuff isn't even worthy of July forum fodder.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, screw you "tests aren't a good measure of intelligence" people... I beat a Rhodes scholar!

There are too many different parts of intelligence, it's hard to measure them all. My buddy from highschool missed one question on the SAT, and knew which question when he walked out, and I still wouldn't trust him not to get lost in the airport. Common sense, focus, work ethic, all are hard to measure.

9. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Stop making me feel stupid, 1340 isn't that good on the SAT, really? I got an amazing 1460 my first time....out of 2400!

Standardized testing is not a great indicator of intelligence and potential. There are a lot of people that have the GPA and the resumé with average test scores, it's pretty apparent that Myron is one of those exceptions.

10. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Buffalo Bills
    6. Matt Birk, C, Baltimore Ravens
    11. Alex Smith, QB, San Francisco 49ers
    14. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar