Titans GM and McNair Agent Still in Early Stages of Contract Talks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Offer the guy 5 mil a year, take it or leave it. We can go 4-12 just as easily without Mac and if we don't break the bank we can sign some FAs.
    Assuming we draft a QB anyway we can always keep Volek for one more year. Mac's value is starting to get into the EG range and if he asks too much we can always grab a guy like Kitna if we don't want Volek.
  2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think Steve is still in a little better shape than EG was but your right in a sense that we shouldn't spend to much money on him.
  3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

"We can go 4-12 just as easily without Mac" That is great! Yes we can. If he want to try and bust our balls than screw him. I would go a bit higher that 5 mill though. I was thinking around 14-15 mill over the next two years. I would not got more than 3 years on a contract and would prefer to go two years.
  4. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

FYI

Steve sold his place in Franklin awhile back, only to get a nicer spread in Nashville. Closer to the stadium, practice field, doctors and all.

Price was around 1.4M, so I don't really see Steve going anywhere.
  5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

With all the "lack of identity" talk, I can't see the FO letting Steve go. He's been the face of the franchise, and the divorce from Eddie was rough enough. Winning cures everything, and IMO, #9 still gives us the best chance to win game in/game out.
  6. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

I really don't think you guys have watched what works in the NFL. We need to get a pure passer, not a runner. As much as I love McNair and have two of his jersey's, I would let him go, do everything it takes to get Matt Leinart, and give Billy Volek a shot. We probably will still struggle next year, so why not give Billy a shot, and prep for Leinart??? I am sure Volek can be a good mentor to Leinart, and if he can't, who cares, we still have Norm Chow to help him.
  7. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

What we need to to keep McNair, who is the only QB we have who is capable of mentoring a rookie QB (which we are likely to draft). He also gives us our best chance to win games as a starter.

Volek is clearly not starter material.
  8. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

Your probably right about McNair giving us the best chance to win SOME games, but either way, we probably are still going to have a down season next year, I think I read somewhere that we have the 6th most difficult schedule next year, so why not see what Billy can do as a full time starter? We really have only seen him on an inconsistent basis. Then get ready for Matt Leinart???
  9. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Volek can't mentor a young QB. Plus, we've seen him enough to know he has a great deep ball and little else...

The best thing we can do with Volek is trade him for a solid draft pick.
  10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

We have the 6th hardest schedule based on this year's records...

Which means jack squat for next season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.