Titans front office is the worst in the league??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

so fisher should have had the forsight and the ability to bring in a better back even when a whole season of White and Johnson worked perfectly. He should have known that Johnson would get hurt and he would have to start White. You ARE right, this was all Fisher's fault!

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Reinfeldt is an idiot threads that start a couple of days before free agency have become an annual tradition on this board

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

So what do you suppose he should have done? I thought Fisher put together a great game plan but a couple players didn't execute like they were suppose to. The fumbles were in no way shape or form Fisher's fault. As a coach, Fisher is suppose to have confidence in his players to execute and if he doesn't then they sure the heck won't.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, I would have run LW a lot more in the first half, saving CJ keeping him fresh, and for sure pass less early in the game. (of course we scored our TD on a CJ heavy drive early in the game, so hey)

And our team did not remain consistent. Maybe taking off the INDY game was very bad in hindsight. Pretty much 3 weeks off a hard played game for most of these starters. We lost discipline.

And yeah, I do place some blame on Fisher. Not all of it. But some.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah..that's how the NFL works. I too have a hard time believing he would play a guy that got us 15 TDs during the year...what was he thinking??

So...let me get your logic. Having Lendale playing when CJ is hurt and CAN'T play and having Lendale fumble is bad coaching. HOWEVER, putting his team on the field against Buffalo and putting in a play that THE COACHES have had them run over and over and over in practice for just such an occasion is LUCK and not good coaching???

And, you are basically saying that our defense is no good with AH off the field? So we manhandled the Steelers without AH and that was luck I guess? Okay...I guess I am seeing your points now.

I don't think so.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Those 15 TDs were hard earned weren't they? CJ does all the work and once we're inside the 5 it's hand the ball off to LW and see him do that same dance after every single touchdown time, when actually it was the offensive line that deserved the credit. Any big back could have put up those numbers behind our awesome line.

And what is Fisher's postseason record since that run in the '99-2000 playoffs? Isn't it 2-5 or something? Don't know about you but I hate being 1 and done in the playoffs.

The Steelers had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, and that's well documented. I wouldn't judge our defense without him on just 1 game. You remember that 3 game stretch a couple years ago when AH didn't play? We got absolutely dominated each game.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

And who did we have on offense? Vy and lendale?

we can make it without Hanesworth, we just have to score more points than the other team.

Collins, CJ, White and hopefully Nate Washington or TJ Housh should do the trick. thats a far cry from when VY and White lead the offense and thats why we looked so bad when Hanesworth missed those 3 games... we couldnt match the points the other teams were putting up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

there is some serious douche-baggery going on in this thread. [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The only knock I have on our front office and it's something this team has quite simply failed to do since coming to Nashville and it's to have an impact wide receiver. Now I know we've tried and we've also had some nice players at times but when have we ever had a guy who people would even consider a top 10 receiver? Never.

Now I know were a run first team who passes to the tight end a lot, I get that but exactly how many Superbowls has that offensive strategy won us? Zero. It doesn't hurt to change things up now and then just to see what could happen. We all remember the draft where we took 3 receivers right? And how none of them have been worth anything. Reason being is because we don't draft the kind of receivers who will be impact receivers we just draft regular guys at receiver. And when it comes to free agency we don't sign guys who can make a big impact we just go after regular guys that other teams didn't want like a David Givens or J Mac.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

If we don't have AH, TJ, Nate Washington, Owen Daniels, Chris McAllister, Chris Carr, Leigh Bodden, Bertrand Berry and Rocky Bernard by 01 am ET February 27th, our FO officially sucks!!!!!!!!111111111oneoneoneoneone

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar