Titans Fifth-Round Draft Pick (#145): SMU DE/TE Taylor Thompson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Ok Guys I also hope this guy turns into a stud TE but alot of you are jumping the gun atlest wait for preseason.

In My opinion the blocking will be the key if is able to block I'm pretty sure he will steal some snaps from Cook and Stevens but since we have no video I'm gonna wait and see.

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If he played DE, it only seems logical he is physical enough to block;

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

exactly. this guy will be great. if coook dont pan out hell take the anger away...wed be like cook? thats a womens job

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Everything sounds good so far but I'm going to temper my expectations a little. If this guy is a stud though we will have one of the best offenses in the NFL. All we need a a HB who can catch consistently and we will be amazing.

Locker
    Britt
    Wright
    Thompson

I love it,

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Some quotes about Thompson and the rookies from the article scrolling on GoTitans

“There is so much speed out there it is unreal,’’ Stephens said. “It is nice to be around guys like that for sure. It makes it easier.”

“One thing you notice is they all have speed,’’ Brown said of the team’s rookies on offense. “And the tight end, that big boy can run and he is long. That is a disadvantage to the linebackers.

“Just seeing him, I was thinking, “Man, he’s pretty fluid. He’s not bad.”

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It sounds like he's been impressive so far and hopefully he will get some chances early on to get in the game and make some plays. Just by looking at his physical stats he could be a huge mismatch for opposing LB and S.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I really like the TE from Vanderbilt Barden I think he has the tools to be a good player the QB situtation was so bad at Vandy that he never really got going.

He should atlest make the practice squad.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm really excited to see the guy play. He looked huge from the pictures I've seen. I'm really hoping we see some packages with both him and Cook at TE. Both guys are tall (Cook is 6'5") and can run. If both can improve on their run blocking we could really give teams fits if CJ returns to form.

We'll have one of the fastest, if not THE fastest offense in the league if Locker starts.

Even more important, I might break the Madden Top 100

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Is anyone really expecting Cook to improve his run blocking? He's a big WR/flex TE. It is what it is. That's why Craig Stevens is a millionaire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar