Titans fans are...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

pathetic.

Sorry. This is ridiculous. I've always heard rumors of how whiny our fans are and now that the season has finally rolled around, I realize that a lot of those rumors are true. Talk of benching Collins after he's gone 43/68 for 460 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 INTs in insane. Let's not mention that his passer rating is 85.6 which is better than last year's.

No one is looking at the positives. Granted, it's not easy to when you're 0-2, but you can't just give up and start talking about next year. There are 14 games left in the season. We lost our first two games by 3 points each. They're tough losses, but who's to say we can't bounce back? We've got some damn fine players who are very capable of turning things around.

Our defense has taken a new image. Maybe Cecil isn't doing the right thing... we definitely need to be getting more pressure on QBs (especially pansy ones like Schaub) and the secondary needs to step up and not get burned every other play. The run stop has been excellent. Our running game has been excellent on offense. Our passing game has been what we expected it to be.

Look... being 0-2 sucks. Having to face the hot Jets next week, going in with a must-win attitude sucks. Having to play the Colts and Patriots back to back sucks.

Let's improve our passing defense, go into New York, surprise some folks, and get a W. Let's muster a 3-3 start, go into the bye week, come out stronger, and make a run for the playoffs.

P.S. there are plenty of true fans who feel the same way I do. You guys are cool. The ones who b*tch and moan about the way our team plays are fairweather fans and might as well move on to another team. Embrace your coach. Embrace your players. Embrace your team.

• High Five High Five x 12
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm just giving an honest assessment..

we've lost 4 in a row, 5 of our last 6. Our Quarterback is incapable of making a big play. Our offense revolves around 1 player, our defense isn't the same without Schwartz OR Haynesworth. The conference looks tougher, not only that, the entire league looks tougher IMO.

I'm sticking with 8-8, at best 9-7..Didn't change when we went 0-2. Won't change when/if we lose next week too.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

if were ridiculous then your blind if you dont think collins cant get it done in hte end. last three games hes had a chance and failed miserably!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

ANY NFL fans with standards is like this when a team under-achieves.

Pittsburgh just lost to the freaking Urlacher'less Bears.

Houston is the worst team in NFL history. (even the Lions have had winning seasons)

We're sucking. Expect the bad talk. There were no positives other than CJ. The only positives we had with Pitt was that "they're the world champions". Well... They just lost to a bad team after struggling with us- a team that lost to another bad team.

Just the way it goes. ANY fans. Not just Titans fans.

If expectations are there- people get down when the team sucks.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Please tell me the Game Plan for Next week to beat the Jets?

How will Collins avoid the Blitz the jets love to do? How will we stop Mark Sanchez from completing passes when our secondary plays 10 yards off the WR? How will CJ run on a team that gave us our first loss last season and completely shut Cj down?

Give me some good answers and not just a "It Could happen" right now the odds of going 0-3 are very high. i have no idea how we plan to beat the jets on the road.

6. RavensShallBurn

... and that's exactly the way we were last year.

I do think Collins can get it done in the end... if our defense doesn't give up more passing yards than 29 other teams in the league.

Oh, and by the last three games do you mean the Ravens, Steelers, and Texans, correct? Yes, correct. You do realize that none of these losses were Kerry's fault. I can explain for you if you'd like.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

u r the best fan evar.

8. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

You're pathetic if you think Collins has played well to this point.

When we need plays while trailing in the 4th he just throws the ball out of bounds/ fumbles in the open field. The defense hasn't performed as well as it should have but Collins is our biggest weakness on offense. In each of the last three games Collins has randomly tossed up a duck in the middle of the field, so he hasn't even been protecting the ball lately. When the 4th quarter rolls around and the opposing D tightens up, Collins crumbles.

I would rather have an erratic Vince Young in than a consistently mediocre Kerry Collins, now that we can't rely solely on the D and CJ to win games and actually need plays from the QB.

9. RavensShallBurn

Hey don't ask me what we should do. I'm just a spectator. Leave the game plan up to the coaches, not to me. It won't be easy. That's for sure. However, we are talented. We are capable. We can win.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i never said they were his loss, but he did have an opportunity to win the game in the end and he couldnt do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar