Titans Face Big Decisions After '09 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not sure I understand where you're coming from Gut. First you say so what if we have big decisions to make... at least to me, that makes next offseason more interesting. This and next offseason are big ones for the franchise, that's really the only point I've been trying to make. This season, we've only really dealt with losing one starter, but he's so significant, it will make us look harder at the entire defense after he's gone. We've already mentioned how that many open contract status players will influence this years FA, this draft, and obviously next years, I just see that as a significant thing, and one that I'm excited to see how the team chooses to deal with it. I'm also excited to see how the players respond. KVB, Kearse, and Lendale all could be highly motivated this season. I don't think KVB can really get more motivated, but it's a nice thought. Lendale, however, could have a great year. I don't think we'd keep him anyway, since he'd demand a much larger contract if that successful, but it would be good for us anyway for this year only.

I guess the main thing is that I think next year is interesting because it has the potential for so much transition. This offseason, we're changing one starter on defense, maybe 2 on offense. Next season, we could change 8 or 9 starters, easily. Yes, it's always possible that it won't lead to any dropoff, and I'd expect some positions to even improve. However, I'd say a year like next year will be more interesting because we'll have more to look at in camp. Watching the progress of a new starter settling into the role is always another decent discussion.

I don't know, I just think it's strange to see a bunch of pretty intense titans fans have the reaction of "meh, no big deal" to this story. We get excited about much smaller things all the time, I think this is a perfectly legit thing to be interested in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar