Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans DT Jurrell Casey wants 19 sacks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 4, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,204
    Really? IDK how close it is, but it's closer than you might realize.

So say Casey does flirt with 19 sacks, how bout then?
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,621
    Hmmm. If he gets close to 19... If he gets 15... I'd say he's the best PASS rush DT we've had. I would still give the edge to Big Al. Based on his ability to create for other lineman tho
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,204
    IDK, Casey is only in his 3rd year, took Haynesworth 6 years to really set himself apart from others.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,336
    No one comes close to Haynesworth. Next best would be a big drop if we are only including the Titans years. Robaire Smith maybe? Jason Fisk? John Thornton?
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,204
    Jason Fisk, now there's a name from the past you dont hear anything about...
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,621
    Well once we retain him and we get to year 6 we can relive this convo. I'd say he's got a good chance at topping haynesworth. His run stop has to become better. His pocket collapsing has to become more apparent.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    Haynesworth was a great run stopper as well as pass rusher.
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    Haynesworth had one of the greatest seasons a defensive player had ever had. I have never seen one person create such, panic, on the field in my life.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  8. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,981
    Haynesworth was elite but he was also more of a force than Casey was in the middle. Double team, still stuff that run right at the line more often than not. I am just saying, 8 sacks for a DT is pretty unheard of.. puts you in an elite category.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,270

It could end up being a lot closer considering Haynesworth was only elite for two seasons. Casey will never be as good as Fat Al was in 2007-2008, but he can have a better career and become our best DT overall.