Titans Draft Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Horton stated he is sending pressure almost every play. We have 3 down linemen and 4lb what is the difference if Morgan is rushing with his hand in the dirt or standing. He could very well be playing a rush linebacker type role.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Morgan isn't nearly athletic enough to play linebacker in any system. He left off Woodyard, so you are telling me that Morgan is somehow going to beat out Phillips, Ayers, Wimbley and Woodyard? Who all happen to have extensive 3-4 experience while Morgan has none? I don't think so.

It is incredibly likely Morgan is the odd man out this year.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I believe that if we trade down into the 20s we should get more than just a 3rd rounder.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You know what, I just remembered RTs stance on this 3-4 thing. Because Freeney and Mathis have made the switch, Morgan should have no problem.:disappointed:

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

As a coverage linebacker no. As a rush linebacker bringing pressure as a rotational guy yes. Woodyard is also playing MLB. Phillips and Wimbley are aging you really think they can play every snap for 16 games?

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Both Phillips and Wimbley can drop back into coverage.

Regardless, if Morgan is a rotational guy, it certainly isn't striking any need of an edge rusher off the list.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

You realize Phillips was a 4-3 end last year, and Wimbley hasn't dropped into coverage in years? If he can make the switch back and fourth between schemes why can't Morgan?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Morgan hasn't EVER done it. EVER

and he was never athletic enough to do it in the first place, thats not even counting the two ACL teams which I am sure isn't helping his case.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

So were expecting to aging vets to play every snap for 16 games, makes perfect sense. It makes no difference if Morgan comes in and rush standing up, if he drops some weight he could probably drop in a zone now and then. For Christ sake we drop d-lineman in zones last year.

When exactly did he tear his ACL again after his rookie year?

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Keep up, this is why we are saying that Barr isn't off the board. Off season isn't over yet.

Ah yea, the Jerry Grey defense. Lets take Casey and drop him into coverage, worked out well.

My mistake, I was thinking of his knee injury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar