Titans Defensive Gameplan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We were ranked number one on defense two weeks ago.Then Pittsburgh and Houston both scored 40 points on us.

What did we do different the last two weeks???

Jerry Gray needs to go back to what was working before those two losses.

We need to revamp things on defense.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We actually took chances and played like we had no fear.

Conservative defense never works. Not sure why NFL coaches are the last ones to realize that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think Gray is great in picking players like Ayes,casey or puttin finny in the slot ect..

But the Xs and Os suck Rudd is always 10 yards down field and the crappy zone in the redzone is not working.
    IF you play conservative defense and you miss tackles teams are going to drop 40 on your every time.

Also The D line has 0 pass rush and I know they are build to stop the run(which they don't)but they need to find a way to pressure the QB in every down.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What I've noticed:

It all starts with the front 4. We aren't getting any pressure. I think that is due to having a bunch of worthless players constantly being in rotation (Marks, Smith, etc). We need to go after a REAL disruptive DT early in the draft while Casey and Klug get their bearings. If we can't get pressure on the QB, it puts a whole lot of tension on our subpar secondary.

Ruud sucks in coverage. We need a MLB that is the real deal, someone who can drop back and also stop the run. Yes, Ruud has made some good instictive plays; however, the guy is such a liability in coverage it isn't even funny. He's always 10 feet away from the play at any given time. This position, along with OLB, needs to be addressed early in the draft as well.

In closing, we need to blitz more. What happened to our hybrid defense? The one that actually confused QB's? Hell, I remember watching the early games of the season and I wasn't sure what we were doing (in a good way), now, I watch and don't know what we're doing (in a bad way). If we can't get pressure up front, blitz.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think we only signed Ruud one year and i'm hoping they look elsewhere next season.Not impressed at all.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Tulloch is playing better.

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Which gameplan?????:gag:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Gray couldn’t keep a low profile on Sunday, not after the Steelers ran circles around his defense. But he didn’t want to. He went looking for the reporter after the Titans gave up five touchdowns in an embarrassing, 38-17 loss at Heinz Field.

“I’ll take this one. It was my fault. I take all the blame,” Gray said. “I am the D-coordinator and I didn’t have the guys ready. But it won’t happen again. I promise you that. It won’t happen again.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...037/Tennessee-Titans-fall-Pittsburgh-Steelers

Hmmm. Anybody heard from Jerry lately? Well he was right. That didn't throw for five TD's. They just ran over us. How about we do a little study and have a damn plan B ready?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need more defensive lineman like Jason Jones and Karl Klug, those guys are near the ball nearly every play, but 2 guys can't beat 5-6 blockers. And also what Deuce said. We need to attack and not wait for. Offenses take what the defense gives them, and these last 2 games we've been caught flatfooted and looking stupid. We need to force the other team into something they aren't comfortable with. That hasn't happened the last 2 games. But it's better for us to learn that now than later when 1 game could mean the world. We're okay right now at 3-3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar