Titans Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

10 points gloat. 10 points. The big picture for defense is points allowed, not yards allowed. I agree, it wasn't always pretty and somethings need work, but we only allowed 10 damn points. That is not a failure as a defensive effort.

If a pitcher gives up 11 hits in a complete game shutout you're the kind of guy who throws him to the wolves? Think about the big picture. Defenses job=put offense in position to win with ease. Well....everytime New York almost scored we took the rock from them. When our special teams rewarded our D with the best available field position, our D rewarded them with a safety. Again, not glamorous, but effective nonetheless. I'll take giving up 400 yards and 10 points over giving up 200 yards and 19 points like we did last week.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You cant cherry pick stats to suit your optimism.

The guy was like 17 of 20 passing at one point with 2 ints. That means, other than our D getting lucky- we were getting picked apart. It didn't get much better for the rest of the game. We allowed 26 first downs.

He gave us 3 turnovers. We can't ignore that he... Eli Manning... not a very good QB... marched up and down the field on us all game.

So yes, there's a lot to worry about there. Our defense was crap. Eli just helped them out a few times.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's not like the Titans defense had anything to cause those INTs, right?

Just like the Steelers D had nothing to do with the Young/Collins picks last week?

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Clearly our passing D is bad we saw that yesterday. Is gonna be hard to beat passing teams.The last drive right before the half the Giants did was bad for our D we are getting a little more pressure but I hope it gets fix.

I'm not saying the D did bad I'm just saying we have room to improve.

p.s Mcourty is he OK?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Out, at least, a week. Broken forearm, I believe.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Once again a totally dishonest post! Every single damn day!

What about his record says he is a "consistent failure"? we are 2-1 and might make the playoffs for the third time in 4 seasons.

Your writings are consistently dishonest and your analysis is a consistent failure. You obviously don't even know that the object is to win games.

7. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Overall the defense played well and forced key turnovers that we really capitalized off of. Our pass defense did look shaky though and I think we will really be tested against some of the better passing teams in the league.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm proud of our D. Sure we still have a lot of room to get better but that can be said every week.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Much of the giants success throwing the ball was due to good plays on their part. Manning throwing accurately to the right receiver.

The big play to Boss early in the game was simply a matter of exploiting a 3rd string OLB in Winborn. Maybe Mcgrath does not allow that play.

The Giants have plenty of talented receivers and Manning is capable of having a game like that against most teams.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Kyle Orton put up almost 500 yards against the colts yesterday and produced a grand total of 13 points.

I'm frankly tired of everyone noting the Manning int ikn the endzone. That was great defense by our team and it only cost them 3 points. 3 points in a game lost by 19.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

What it boils down to is, the Giants beat themselves. Everyone who watched the game knows that, the stats just back it up.

Our Pass D looked miserable yesterday. There were people wide open down the field all day long.

We can't count on teams shooting themselves in the foot so we can win games.

That said, the Titans pulled out a much needed win, so I won't complain too much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar